R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Do you guys just hit reply without reading anyone else's posts? seriously?!?!
The post above yours for example...?![/quote]

Yea i did that time didnt realise til aftawards! my bad oh wel it doesnt hurt does it lol!!!

kippaxkid74 said:
Re people on about the abandoned match v Ipswich.

There were 2, that's the weird thing, the 2 most recent abandoned matches were both against ipswich - one under Brian Horton in late 1993 (and yes Ingebrigtson scored his first for us i think), and then years later we played Ipswich in the league cup QF (can't remember the year - maybe 2002?) and that was abandoned too.
We won the replay for the 93 one, but lost the QF.
So maybe that's why you guys are disagreeing about the dates - cos you forgot there was 2!

As for Maine Road memories, i love that place so much i don't know where to start, it's my life and i miss it every day if i'm honest.

The second Ipswich game in question was during the dogs of war Joe Royle Premiership season, 12th Dec 2000 and remember it as it's my lads birthday.

KEMPYMCFC111 said:
My uncle ad a box with his company and i remember goin and seein the pitch for the first time- Priceless
I no exactly what you mean.... the first time u see that pitch. I loved going to the night games when it was all lit up. God I wish I could go back in time. :(

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

MCFC87 said:
I remember my Dad taking me to his last game. Against Portsmouth when we got promoted to the Premier League.. AND PEARCE SKYED HIS LAST CHANCE OF SCORING!

I miss the ground, but there's something brilliant starting now, so can't look back, :D

lol i remember that well, only a City player would sky the ball when the keeper told Stuart where he was going to dive.

Memories :(

Sitting in ny Uncle's box with my dad - he'd been asking me to go for ages and I'd always resisted - that one match was enough to get me well and truly hooked!

Being relegated - as my son said - only City fans could be relegated and raid the pitch like we'd just won the league.

Watching the Paul Lake testimonial.

Watching the final match in the suite they year we went back up and Keegan said he had signed Schmeichel -that caused quite a few laughs.

Sitting in the Kippax for the very last match at Maine Road and watching the lap of honour - I was choked.

i remember last ever game there got crushed after game because they loked u in sayin u have to watch the concert after and evrey 1 charged lost my hat :( :( :( :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.