R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

CITYtilIdie24 said:
ive been 2 every ground in the PL and none ov them compare to maine road and the atmosphere we created there it was amazin!!
i used to love goin early as a kid and standin in the players car park i met every player who eva played for us from div 2 until the day we left!! some legends and quality lads Marc Viven Foe (RIP) the goat etc etc.. very friendly and always stopped for us back then how things change, it was the best place for a kid to grow up n it makes u love the club a whole lot more!!!

yeh i agree with everything you said their mate ;) i will say it again Maine Road was amazing and i find it hard to believe its gone and it wont be coming back :'( Glad I can speak to people like your self about it.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
My biggest memory was being ballboy V Plymouth in the old division two Neil McNab scored one pen and missed another think Wayne Biggins scored the other. what sticks in my mind was it was the night Bruno fought Tyson for the first time both the Kippax and the away end cheering BRUNO BRUNO together.
I was speaking about this with a mate last night! I'll never forget the Bruno chants. It was surreal, even as a nine year old.

sitting at the front of the kippax with my legs through the railings and my arse covered in whitewash, then we must have come into some money, so we moved to the platt lane to sit on a plank..........ahhhhhhhhhh them were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember taking Penaltys against Moonchester too before the match, he wasn'y looking so i took my penalty :P
.M.A.R.T.I.N. if your reading this now you'll now what im on about, I think you won that competition.
And having shots with Nicky Weaver before the match was about to start.

Barry Conlons wig said:
sitting at the front of the kippax with my legs through the railings and my arse covered in whitewash, then we must have come into some money, so we moved to the platt lane to sit on a plank..........ahhhhhhhhhh them were the days!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quality ;)

top quality video that bringing the memories flooding back.One odd fact about Maine Rd was the last turnstile number was 76 which was situated before you got to the alleyway in the Kippax stand in the corner.The year we last won something,maybe now we have moved we can lay that ghost once and for all.

didn.t attend much after they knocked the old kippax down, i thought the stadium lost somthing after that . you have to admit though it looked like an architects worst night mare not one stand had any cohesion with its neighbour,saying that though my best memories are from that old corner between the kippax and the old platt lane,and sitting on that cold wall on a winter afternoon.

one more memory ive remembered.. playing ipswich and the rain was the worst ive EVER seen and game got abandoned... remember my socks being soaked cant remember when the game was or what i was for but it was amazing! i just wish i could hav sat in the kippax.. and another is pompey in them orange kits and every going to pearcey "SHOOT" every time he got the ball

supercity36 said:
one more memory ive remembered.. playing ipswich and the rain was the worst ive EVER seen and game got abandoned... remember my socks being soaked cant remember when the game was or what i was for but it was amazing!

It was in the Tony Coton days when he remonstrated with David Elleray to play on as we were winning 2-0.
Anyone remember the name of the area between the old Platt Lane and Main Stand? It was known as Apple Pie corner.The area between the old Kippax and the North Stand(the open section) was known as Critics Corner.Never known a bunch of fans who think they knew it all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.