R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

CITYtilIdie24 said:
COMS is amazin but will neva be as gud as maine road ever!!!

my 1st memory of maine road was milwall in div 2, they scored to have it disallowed and started rippin the north stand apart throwin chairs at us i was 10 and remember gettin pushed off my chair as a coin whistled past my head!! them were the days haha!! we won 3-0 in the end!

haha ;)

SWSB said:
early memories were going to City Chippy before the game which sold the best fish and chips anywhere.Then hoping the BBC or ITV vans were outside the main entrance,not like now where every game is shown.Those smelly hot dog portables, you really did risk your health with those. Church goer with the End is Nigh placards.Pink Final sold as you were coming out of the ground.Going to the reserves and every now and then you would get on the scoreboard-Latest score from wherever the 1st team were playing.Being on the pitch as a Junior Blue with about 200 others spelling the word Man City.Also on the pitch at HT v Middlesbro tring to get the ball through the hoop.Only other time on the pitch was 93 for the Jean Michel Jarre concert.

Some gud uns there SWSB.

Me & my mates getting in as juniors on the Kippax for £4, despite being in our late teens/early 20's!
Back room of St Crispens for a beer, Rolling Pin bakers next to the Parkside, a curry in Rusholme after night matches.

The strong smell of weed in the Main stand (of all places).
The view of the pitch from the North stand.
Spotting the floodlights on night matches.

Happy days.

CITYtilIdie24 said:
Luke The Blue said:
Last days of Maine Road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-xVVo7b8s brings back so many memories. I get a lump in my throat when I watch that. :(

top video brought back so many memories miss maine road so much h8 goin past it on the way 2 COMS so not the same wiv it not bein there :-(
yeh mate very sad video ;'( I miss it loads wish I could rewind time to go back to the place i loved loads ;'(

This is without doubt the best thread I've read since I joined you lot on here. Brilliant stuff.

As daft as it might sound, the one thing I'll always remember is my dad dropping me and our kid off at Platt Lane when we were Junior Blues and we'd spent the rest of the walk down trying to guess which number season ticket it would be on the board. Funny what you find fascinating as kids!

Oh, and if my dad with went us, parking the car and then some little kid coming up and asking: "Can we look after your car, mister?"

Great days.

Jonners said:
This is without doubt the best thread I've read since I joined you lot on here. Brilliant stuff.

As daft as it might sound, the one thing I'll always remember is my dad dropping me and our kid off at Platt Lane when we were Junior Blues and we'd spent the rest of the walk down trying to guess which number season ticket it would be on the board. Funny what you find fascinating as kids!

Oh, and if my dad with went us, parking the car and then some little kid coming up and asking: "Can we look after your car, mister?"

Great days.

haha quality mate ;) and thx i love reading through these comments

Ive got a picture on here actually when i was mascot but i dunno how to upload pictures what are stored on my computer

The Gene Kelly stand!!

Got soaked watching City vs Chelsea in 2002 and we got beat 3-0 (I think) anyway, on that day, Zola was phenomonal.... he got taken off about ten mins from the end and everyone - City and Chelsea, just clapped the guy off the pitch...... the ground emptied pretyy quickly after that - there was nothing to stay for!!

As has been mentioned, walking from Accomb Street and down towards the ground - as soon as you saw the Kippax.... what a buzz!!

I miss the pubs - The Clarence, The Sherwood, The Lord Lyon...and especially The Gardeners - where Rob Gretton (RIP) could often be found!!

I remember sleeping outside the Main Stand after a boozy night out and I just felt the NEED to go to Maine Road!!! was fookin freezing when I woke up... and it was around May time!!

Never be a place like Maine Road ever again

ive been 2 every ground in the PL and none ov them compare to maine road and the atmosphere we created there it was amazin!!
i used to love goin early as a kid and standin in the players car park i met every player who eva played for us from div 2 until the day we left!! some legends and quality lads Marc Viven Foe (RIP) the goat etc etc.. very friendly and always stopped for us back then how things change, it was the best place for a kid to grow up n it makes u love the club a whole lot more!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.