R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

ifiwasarichfan said:
Fantastic thread and aren't I a lucky Bluemooner, the Batsman on 99 and making my hundreth post. Thanks for Everything thats been said so far and everything to be posted following this. Here goes;

When the fans tried to get at the press after some bitter, vitriolic comments about our sad demise.
The Gillingham fans a couple of years after Wembley singing " Two nil and we are all still here" and we all appluded them.
Beating West Ham 4 -3 and Bobby Moore scored for them with a Header from the edge of the Box
Stuck outside the ground until almost half time for the League Cup Semi against Liverpool
A standing ovation for Ian Brightwell when he returned as an opposition player for the first time
Being directly behind that volley from Nicholas Jensen.
The best two Football Chants of all time " who let the Goat out" and " Feed the Goat"

I could go on and on and on. However for me the best thing was being between the ages of about 7 -9 years old and there being a knock on the door and rushing to the Window to see my Uncles Blue Hillman Imp outside and then to immediately know that I was going to Maine Road.

Thanks mate and great post ;)

crumpsallblue said:
no one loved maine rd more than me but its gone, time to move on.. keep the memories but it isnt like city dont exist anymore thats more important than bricks n mortar...
Were keeping the memories on here, thats the point of the thread lol...

Luke The Blue said:
crumpsallblue said:
no one loved maine rd more than me but its gone, time to move on.. keep the memories but it isnt like city dont exist anymore thats more important than bricks n mortar...
Were keeping the memories on here, thats the point of the thread lol...

yea whats beta than sharing great memories wiv other blues keepin the place alive even tho were moving on to bigger and better things haha

Going in the maine stand with my gran and grandad about 1980, about 4 and being able to walk round the ground and touching the goalnets. Me and r kid when we first started going on the kippax when we were about 16, season tickets £60. Nearly having a wank when i thought i started a song. Climbing on the fence to give the v's to united fans in the 1-1 derby when quinny scored and getting a size 10 boot in my face from someone on his way down. Going in the North stand the season after the kippax got knocked down and having to sit near the same people every week, good and bad. The second division season, not seeing a kick off for years until we got to wembley. Rick Holden. haha Cant.write.anymore.for.tears

My first game, sat in the north stand with my dad. We played West Brom and won 1-0, Rosler scored, but we missed it because i wanted the toilet! I don't remember the year, might have been 97.

Hearing a man abuse Goater as we drew 2-2 with Wycombe.

My first year as a season ticket holder, sat in the back of the Maine Stand in 2001/2002. Watching brilliant football as we demolished Division 1 under Keegan. That first game against Watford.

My first derby against the rags, winning 3-1, and going nearly deaf through the noise.

Watching Marc Vivian Foe score the last City goal there against Sunderland.

Just some moments that stick out for me. There are loads.

CITYtilIdie24 said:
supercity36 said:
one more memory ive remembered.. playing ipswich and the rain was the worst ive EVER seen and game got abandoned... remember my socks being soaked cant remember when the game was or what i was for but it was amazing!

it was a cup match and it got abandoned just as we scored cant remember who scored it tho, the rain was horrendous that nite i remember the ipswich bench not wantin to abondon it but once we scored they did lol!! typical ay haha!!!

Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him

Barry Conlons wig said:

Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him
I'm sure we've had a match against Ipswich abandoned more recently than the one that Vonk scored. It would have been circa 2000 and we went ahead in that one. We lost the rematch 2-1. I was at both games and the game where Vonky scored too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.