R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Re people on about the abandoned match v Ipswich.

There were 2, that's the weird thing, the 2 most recent abandoned matches were both against ipswich - one under Brian Horton in late 1993 (and yes Ingebrigtson scored his first for us i think), and then years later we played Ipswich in the league cup QF (can't remember the year - maybe 2002?) and that was abandoned too.
We won the replay for the 93 one, but lost the QF.
So maybe that's why you guys are disagreeing about the dates - cos you forgot there was 2!

As for Maine Road memories, i love that place so much i don't know where to start, it's my life and i miss it every day if i'm honest.

This is just how much I still miss maine road, if ever I'm going to town or eastlands in the missus's car I always have to take a de-tour down clairemont rd and where maine road used to be. Sad as it may be it somehow makes me feel a little better, they can take the ground but they'll never take the roads and ally way's ah memories lol.

Anyone wants the video from the you tube I have converted it to an AVI file most computers will play it so now watch our original home anytime without going on line to you tube.

<a class="postlink" href="http://rapidshare.com/files/243931433/Last_days_of_Maine_Road.avi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rapidshare.com/files/243931433/L ... e_Road.avi</a>

supercity36 said:
Barry Conlons wig said:
Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him

couldnt have been mate, i went and was born in 95

dickov scored

I've got tears in my eyes reading some of these this morning.
So many fantastic memories flooding back.

Just remembered my demin jacket with a badge 'I'm a City Nut' sewn on by my mum.
& a pin on badge with We hate Leeds We hate Leeds We hate Leeds We hate Leeds.. One of the We hate Leeds was misspelt We hate Leds

If only my memory was as good when it came to exam time

der bomber28 said:
This is just how much I still miss maine road, if ever I'm going to town or eastlands in the missus's car I always have to take a de-tour down clairemont rd and where maine road used to be. Sad as it may be it somehow makes me feel a little better, they can take the ground but they'll never take the roads and ally way's ah memories lol.

Quality post mate

lazy lil said:
I've got tears in my eyes reading some of these this morning.
So many fantastic memories flooding back.

Just remembered my demin jacket with a badge 'I'm a City Nut' sewn on by my mum.
& a pin on badge with We hate Leeds We hate Leeds We hate Leeds We hate Leeds.. One of the We hate Leeds was misspelt We hate Leds

If only my memory was as good when it came to exam time
same mate really sad :'( but i love bringing the memories back.

Luke The Blue said:
der bomber28 said:

Quality post mate

Cheers fella just thought I'd share how bad I've still got it after all these years lol.

there where so many great times, mine simple.
the day KING COLIN returned half time , there was talk that he was comin on...nah nahhh nahhhhh na na na nahhhhhh KING COLIN , grown men, started fillin up.
i swear the noise was like nothing i had heard before or since( 5-1 v rags came close).
we knew he was back and if a player could serive with emotion alone,he would still be playin today.
if ronaldo is worth what hes worth then the KING would be worth 5 times as much.

that day will live with me forever, 0-0 at half time we went on to win 4-0 but the score didnt matter we could have lost 10-0 it wouldnt have altered the emotion of that day...

LONG LIVE THE KING

Went past maine road today on the way to platt lane today and saw the workmen building on the new houses there. Its hard to believe looking at the building site that city used to play football there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.