R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

it was a cup match and it got abandoned just as we scored cant remember who scored it tho, the rain was horrendous that nite i remember the ipswich bench not wantin to abondon it but once we scored they did lol!! typical ay haha!!![/quote][/quote]

Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him[/quote]
I'm sure we've had a match against Ipswich abandoned more recently than the one that Vonk scored. It would have been circa 2000 and we went ahead in that one. We lost the rematch 2-1. I was at both games and the game where Vonky scored too.[/quote]

no def 93-94http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-protests-in-vain-as-rain-thwarts-city-1397875.html and we won the replay 2-1 and im pretty certain I have the vid in the loft and fixtures for 93-94http://www.englishfootball.info/premierleague/manchestercity/results/index.php?season=1993-94

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

der bomber28 said:
grantyboy23 said:
Has anyone got the book Were not really here by kevin cummins

I,ve got that fella signed by the whole squad from that season my proper pride and joy :0). That vid really brought a lump to my throat, still miss the place with every bone in my body right up until we actually left I used to get just as excited about going to maine road as I did as a kid, don't quite get the same buzz going to eastlands. Best memories have to be in no particular order.

The surge in the old kippax after a goal.

The little tea trolley that used to go round the fronts of the stands, asking for what you wanted then asking for something else then just disappearing into the crowd without paying(cmon you know you've done it).
Cold rainy night games (always seemed so different at maine road almost spiritual)

Quinny against derby saving that penalty.

My mates dad getting us into the exec boxes when the new platt lane was still being built, even better franny lee clocking us and asking somebody to move us to the maine stand for our safety.

Paying a fiver to get in (right up till I was about 20 damn these youthfull looks lol)
Could go all night but these are just some stand out ones, nothing can ever compare to dear mother maine road.

re: the bold bits

the odd bovril - another tactic was to look into the distance behind the trolley pusher, say "look at that", wait for them to look and then leg it

i definitely got into my late teens paying kids rates - my cunning plan was to put a ski hat on, worked every time

Samuel Netto said:
der bomber28 said:
I,ve got that fella signed by the whole squad from that season my proper pride and joy :0). That vid really brought a lump to my throat, still miss the place with every bone in my body right up until we actually left I used to get just as excited about going to maine road as I did as a kid, don't quite get the same buzz going to eastlands. Best memories have to be in no particular order.

The little tea trolley that used to go round the fronts of the stands, asking for what you wanted then asking for something else then just disappearing into the crowd without paying(cmon you know you've done it).
Cold rainy night games (always seemed so different at maine road almost spiritual)

My mates dad getting us into the exec boxes when the new platt lane was still being built, even better franny lee clocking us and asking somebody to move us to the maine stand for our safety.

Paying a fiver to get in (right up till I was about 20 damn these youthfull looks lol)
Could go all night but these are just some stand out ones, nothing can ever compare to dear mother maine road.

the odd bovril - another tactic was to look into the distance behind the trolley pusher, say "look at that", wait for them to look and then leg it

i definitely got into my late teens paying kids rates - my cunning plan was to put a ski hat on, worked every time

Quality :P

Had it off with my new girlfriend in the Main Stand bogs there once at a reserve game. Well there didn't seem too much point watching the game cos you couldn't see as far as the Kippax in the fog. We scored apparently but you could see bugger all so we thought we'd make our own entertainment instead.

Happy days. :-)

Balti said:
Had it off with my new girlfriend in the Main Stand bogs there once at a reserve game. Well there didn't seem too much point watching the game cos you couldn't see as far as the Kippax in the fog. We scored apparently but you could see bugger all so we thought we'd make our own entertainment instead.

Happy days. :-)

lmao Quality!

Samuel Netto said:
der bomber28 said:

Haha no way I nearly always had a hat on aswell, I seemed to think it completed the illusion lol.

Barry Conlons wig said:
it was a cup match and it got abandoned just as we scored cant remember who scored it tho, the rain was horrendous that nite i remember the ipswich bench not wantin to abondon it but once we scored they did lol!! typical ay haha!!!
[/quote]

Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him[/quote]
I'm sure we've had a match against Ipswich abandoned more recently than the one that Vonk scored. It would have been circa 2000 and we went ahead in that one. We lost the rematch 2-1. I was at both games and the game where Vonky scored too.[/quote]

no def 93-94http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-protests-in-vain-as-rain-thwarts-city-1397875.html and we won the replay 2-1 and im pretty certain I have the vid in the loft and fixtures for 93-94http://www.englishfootball.info/premierleague/manchestercity/results/index.php?season=1993-94[/quote]

We certainly did win the replay, it was the game Francis Lee took over........

Be interested if someone could correct my distant and dimming memory. For me one of the most typical city moments was Kare Ingerbritson scoring 2 if not 3 against ...... ? and the game being abandoned at half time because of the rain, maybe good friday? Year? Jesus I'm getting old !

Agree about night matches, something spiritual especially when it was pissing it down. I fucking loved that place, but Eastlands is getting more and more like home, watching my kids growing into it just gives me sp much joy.

Just read the post above after I posted fucking spooky !!!!

Barry Conlons wig said:

Im pretty cert it was the 93-94 season and in jan as my bro was over from oz and it was vonk who scored as i seem to remember the ball getting stuck in a puddle in the north stand goal and vonk followed it up sliding it over the line, Ingebrigtsen got the first and when the ref called the game off Coton had a right fit on him

couldnt have been mate, i went and was born in 95

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.