Race for 4th: Man City v Spurs

Marvin said:
Arsenal lost today thanks to a fluke goal and a ridiculous defending which isn't typical. They bossed the game at WHL. Not many do that. They are still a very good team

I agree with this. They bossed the game at Spuds last night too and had RVP been on the pitch for longer they may well have got a draw or even won it, despite the freak spuds goal and most un-arsenal-like defending that caused the 2nd spuds goal. They still moved the ball around impressively and only lacked a bit of bite in front of goal that RVP gives them and Bendtner doesn't have.

A point for us at Arsenal would be an unexpected bonus as far as I am concerned. I am expect zero points from our visit.

I said last week I fancied spurs to beat arsenal........who without Fabregas, Arshavin + Gallas are a pale shadow of the side we know.
It is still in our hands........and I believe that 8 points (even maybe 6 or 7) will do it (as long as 3 of those points are against spurs).
Liverpool can only get a max of 68 points, Villa 70 points - but can you really see them getting max points ???
For spurs to get to 70 points they need to beat Bolton (h), Burnley (a) and then one of either chelsea (h), Utd (a) or City (a) - or get 3 draws.
If we win both our games against Villa and Spurs and then pick up 1 or 2 points from the other 3 games, we're there !!!

Have faith...........enjoy the ride.......at this stage of the season in recent years we are usually either looking over our shoulders at teams at the bottom or playing out the season and planning an end of season piss up for achieving mid table mediocrity.

kenzie115 said:
Blue Coop said:
City Fixtures Remaining:
Man United (H)
Arsenal (A)
Villa (H)
Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)

Spurs Fixtures Remaining:
Chelsea (H)
Man United (A)
Bolton (H)
Man City (A)
Burnley (A)

Glenn Hoddle has just said he thinks the City v Spurs game could be a big one with regards who gets 4th. Idiot!

I'd rather be in our position than Spurs, we've got similar run ins and we're ahead and playing better.

I know he's a fruit-loop but he's spot on with that comment. Have a look at the table this morning.
I've been saying that i don't think we'll get beat again this season, and if spurs do the same then when we meet them it'll be winner takes all.

stonerblue said:
kenzie115 said:
Glenn Hoddle has just said he thinks the City v Spurs game could be a big one with regards who gets 4th. Idiot!

I'd rather be in our position than Spurs, we've got similar run ins and we're ahead and playing better.

I know he's a fruit-loop but he's spot on with that comment. Have a look at the table this morning.
I've been saying that i don't think we'll get beat again this season, and if spurs do the same then when we meet them it'll be winner takes all.
I suspect he was calling Hoddle an idiot because it's so obvious that it hardly needs saying really.

I'm going to wear a tin hat here, but this is where I'm hoping signing Viera pays dividends. against Utd at weekend we have to keep the ball and not invite pressure. Utd have to come at us, so as long we don't do anything silly and concede early, we should be in the box seat later in the game. Viera, should play some part in at least the west ham game, and although he looks a shadow of himself, I can't think of anyone better at the club thats as mentally composed at the club.

wilf9 said:
I'm going to wear a tin hat here, but this is where I'm hoping signing Viera pays dividends. against Utd at weekend we have to keep the ball and not invite pressure. Utd have to come at us, so as long we don't do anything silly and concede early, we should be in the box seat later in the game. Viera, should play some part in at least the west ham game, and although he looks a shadow of himself, I can't think of anyone better at the club thats as mentally composed at the club.

Wouldn't play him against United, Arsenal, Spurs or Villa. Too slow and easy to bypass him and i think a player that he would be replacing would be much more valueble. The 4-4-2 system we have going at the moment is fantastic. If we want some steal in the middle, i'd use Zabeletta.

Anyone else bricking it or just me?

In all honesty, we need 3 pts from our next 2 games and Spuds to get a max of 1 pt from theirs.

Then we must win our last 3. Against Villa, Spuds and away at West Ham.

Not easy.

ayrshire_blue said:
Anyone else bricking it or just me?

In all honesty, we need 3 pts from our next 2 games and Spuds to get a max of 1 pt from theirs.

Then we must win our last 3. Against Villa, Spuds and away at West Ham.

Not easy.

How do you work that out? If we get 3 points from our next 2 games and Spurs get 1 we'll be 3 points clear of them going into the Villa game and if we win that and against Spurs it will be all over by the time we play West Ham, infact if things happen as you say we could draw against both Spurs and West Ham and 4th will be ours

Blue Coop said:
wilf9 said:

Wouldn't play him against United, Arsenal, Spurs or Villa. Too slow and easy to bypass him and i think a player that he would be replacing would be much more valueble. The 4-4-2 system we have going at the moment is fantastic. If we want some steal in the middle, i'd use Zabeletta.

thats why your not a premier league manager by profession

i think spurs will lose too both chelesa an scum, we then just need too beat spurs and villa (both at home) and a win at west ham. bingo!

its gonna be exciting times!! i just cant wait for each game too come around! if we beat the scum on saturday we will be flying! it aint gonna be easy thou!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.