Racism in Football

I can confirm this on a micro level. My daughter has gone to Spain twice to play in an international football tournament. She's had a couple of black players on her teams. These girls have gotten absolutely twatted on a few occasions, outside normal game play, by players on other teams, Spanish teams, and the referees in every instance turned a blind eye.

Could it be merely because the girls on my daughter's team aren't Spanish? Perhaps. However, I've read that is can be difficult for black players in La Liga. I suppose I subscribe to the girls being black made them something more of a target and not being Spanish didn't help them.
Look up the incidents of Nico Williams at Atletico Madrid and then look up the Moise Kean incident at Cagliari and how his teams captain and captain of the national side blamed Kean instead.

Nico and Kean are Spanish and Italian respectively, so no, you're wrong, it has nothing to do with the flag they play for and everything to do with their physical appearance. Let's not forget Balotelli had a lot of this and lately it seems to be creeping into German football, Ozil came close to calling out the names of a few players but didn't want to kick the hornets nest but recently the comments from a certain German player might have proven Ozil right.

He looks too smart to have got involved, but I hope Alvarez didn’t join in with that shite.

Look up the incidents of Nico Williams at Atletico Madrid and then look up the Moise Kean incident at Cagliari and how his teams captain and captain of the national side blamed Kean instead.

Nico and Kean are Spanish and Italian respectively, so no, you're wrong, it has nothing to do with the flag they play for and everything to do with their physical appearance. Let's not forget Balotelli had a lot of this and lately it seems to be creeping into German football, Ozil came close to calling out the names of a few players but didn't want to kick the hornets nest but recently the comments from a certain German player might have proven Ozil right.

Toni Kroos is a massive prick. Didn’t need his recent comments to confirm it, when Ozil and Gundogan got racist abuse he said “Ozil very well knows there’s no racism in the DFB” despite there being plenty of evidence and reports from immigrant background players at all levels of the pyramid saying it was true.

Last edited:
He looks too smart to have got involved, but I hope Alvarez didn’t join in with that shite.

People are posting videos of Alvarez sat next to him on the bus and singing. There's no evidence he sang that part of the song as Fernandez cut off the video before they do.

In fact there's no literal evidence of Fernandez singing those lines because he was fully aware to stop the video before they do, it's just that they had already started the song and people know what the next lines are. Fernandes did apologize for it, which means they were singing the full song even after the video was cut. He couldn't really lie about it and say they stopped the song after he cut the video before it got to the racist part, because it was obvious that they did continue the song, because why would they only sing part of the song? At least he was sensible enough not to try to lie his way out of it, which he could have attempted to considering he cut off the video before that part, but nobody would believe it.

So you can make your own mind up whether you think Alvarez also joined in. He was certainly singing songs with them on the bus though.

People are posting videos of Alvarez sat next to him on the bus and singing. There's no evidence he sang that part of the song as Fernandez cut off the video before they do.

In fact there's no literal evidence of Fernandez singing those lines because he was fully aware to stop the video before they do, it's just that they had already started the song and people know what the next lines are. Fernandes did apologize for it, which means they were singing the full song even after the video was cut. He couldn't really lie about it and say they stopped the song after he cut the video before it got to the racist part, because it was obvious that they did continue the song, because why would they only sing part of the song? At least he was sensible enough not to try to lie his way out of it, which he could have attempted to considering he cut off the video before that part, but nobody would believe it.

So you can make your own mind up whether you think Alvarez also joined in. He was certainly singing songs with them on the bus though.

I hadn’t seen that video. Pretty damning really for the lot of them. There is no way they stopped singing.

This is the social media generation of footballers not using their brains. Someone said earlier in the thread about why all of a sudden different nations are singing about other nations. That’s why, the social media generation.

I hadn’t seen that video. Pretty damning really for the lot of them. There is no way they stopped singing.

This is the social media generation of footballers not using their brains. Someone said earlier in the thread about why all of a sudden different nations are singing about other nations. That’s why, the social media generation.

Social media is it dangerous tool in the wrong hands and exposes a lot of people. Tie that in with the fact a lot of footballers are basically as thick as mince and this is the kind of thing you're going to get more often.

And if I was to take my city tinted specs off right now and if that was Mac Allister sat next to him instead of Alvarez, I think I would be assuming he was also caught up in the whole songs with them, but who can say for sure?

And this is exactly the kinds of reason people like Zaha weren't keen on the taking the knee gesture at the time. It's meaningless without action.

You're mistaking "no action" for "no action within 6 hours".

This should be dealt with properly when all parties are back in London, and there will be an FA investigation and probably a 6 match ban.

You're essentially complaining that someone who got arrested hasn't been convicted the day after.

As an aside to the issue of racism here, when the fuck did it become a thing for national teams to sing about other national teams/players when celebrating their own success?

Is it that different to "2 world wars, 1 world cup" or 10 German bombers? Ji Sung Park eats dogs? Cisse's family at the bottom of the sea? "Adebayor, Adebayor, your dad washes elephants, your mum is a whore"

All that's changed is cameraphones so you see the players joinging in.

Toni Kroos is a massive prick. Didn’t need his recent comments to confirm it, when Ozil and Gundogan got racist abuse he said “Ozil very well knows there’s no racism in the DFB” despite there being plenty of evidence and reports from immigrant background players at all levels of the pyramid saying it was true.
Hmmm...I know someone who follows german football closely and well I hate to break it to you but Toni Kross isn't the only one in that group, Leroy almost came to blows with one of them and recently another one triggered Rudiger.

We are coming full circle again, Unfortunately the world is designed in a way that makes most of us sheeps following the Shephard and in this case the Shephard happens to be a country with one of the most despicable practices and records in regards to race relations, The United States of America. We are force-fed their media content, their lifestyle, their movies, their products, their economic decision affects that of most if not all countries, we are drawn into their wars and on and on and on.

Most people would deny it but even the most Pro-America historians would tell you that the ideas that shaped the deranged man who plunged the world into WW2 was inspired by American ideologies (I might be wrong here but I think he wrote about this in that silly book of his) and today, America has once again made racism and fascist ideologies seem cool and "manly", mutual respect is now seen as "woke, politically correct and weak", while blatant racism is now cool.

The Argies are very well aware of their market base and who they appeal to and they are playing up to it.

Why do people feel like these footballers aren't aware of their support base? People aren't that dumb, you have politicians using subtle dog whistles and hand gestures to appeal to their base, you have washed up actors and social media "influencers" deliberately recording themselves saying or doing certain things and then being invited to Fox news as guests, promoting their books and their image to a particular base. You think Footballers are any different?

We have clubs were their fans take pride in the fact that they have a "strong, right wing, racist" ultra fan base, now if I was an Argentine Footballer looking for the easiest way to make myself relatable to these ultras, what would be the best way to do it? Hmmm...let me see?

Don't forget before the end of the season, Enzo was trying to force a move out of Chelsea and the clubs he was linked to are in Italy and Spain respectively, basically "ultras" territory. He knows the multicultural background of his team mates, he knows the video would make its way to social media, he knows the effect that video would have in the dressing room, these footballers are not as dumb as we would like to think they are.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.