Racism in Football

On this particular case, it is clear for anyone that understands the idiosyncrasy of Argentinian football chants, that the players aren't trying to be racists. If anything, it's a song related more to colonialism than racism. Either way, the song is ignorant and still has transphobe lyrics (which, again, I doubt any of the players singing it pays any attention to it).

I'm not trying to excuse the players, just giving you context. You can't judge the actions of a group of people based on your own set of principles.

On this particular case, it is clear for anyone that understands the idiosyncrasy of Argentinian football chants, that the players aren't trying to be racists. If anything, it's a song related more to colonialism than racism. Either way, the song is ignorant and still has transphobe lyrics (which, again, I doubt any of the players singing it pays any attention to it).

I'm not trying to excuse the players, just giving you context. You can't judge the actions of a group of people based on your own set of principles.
And what are the principles of people who conduct themselves in this manner? We are not talking about Cave men here, Argentines are part of the modern world, I'm afraid this excuse doesn't hold up.

But isn't that how society works? As a whole, are we not allowed to judge nonces? If a group of people were murderers, can we not judge them and say we are against it?

If you and your friends kept women captive in your home am I, and society, not allowed to say that is wrong?

You are using moral relativism to explain behavior. Whilst, what happened isn't, on the grand scale, as bad as the things I referenced above it does lead people to think they are allowed to do whatever they want because others should not be able to judge them.

And what are the principles of people who conduct themselves in this manner? We are not talking about Cave men here, Argentines are part of the modern world, I'm afraid this excuse doesn't hold up.
It's just a football thing. Footballing banter with non-PC lyrics. After every single win Argentina has over Brazil they sing the same song, which translate more or less to "you take it, give it to me. Tonight we f*cked those Brazilians f*g**ts". And Brazilians have equally offensive songs for us. Yet, Argentinians and Brazilians players are best of friends when they go to play for their clubs. Again, I'm not trying to excuse these songs, just giving you context. You parttake on these songs without really thinking or believing on what you're saying.

But isn't that how society works? As a whole, are we not allowed to judge nonces? If a group of people were murderers, can we not judge them and say we are against it?

If you and your friends kept women captive in your home am I, and society, not allowed to say that is wrong?

You are using moral relativism to explain behavior. Whilst, what happened isn't, on the grand scale, as bad as the things I referenced above it does lead people to think they are allowed to do whatever they want because others should not be able to judge them.
You can't compare singing about murdering people to actually comitting murder, can you?

It's just a football thing. Footballing banter with non-PC lyrics. After every single win Argentina has over Brazil they sing the same song, which translate more or less to "you take it, give it to me. Tonight we f*cked those Brazilians f*g**ts". And Brazilians have equally offensive songs for us. Yet, Argentinians and Brazilians players are best of friends when they go to play for their clubs. Again, I'm not trying to excuse these songs, just giving you context. You parttake on these songs without really thinking or believing on what you're saying.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/18/puto-chants-mexico-football-world-cup

You can't compare singing about murdering people to actually comitting murder, can you?
You either didn't read my whole post, it is more about your using moral relativism and how it degrades society, or something was lost in translation. That said, your English is quite good. I think you either overlooked the last part or didn't care to acknowledge it because it does not fit your narrative.

What's the principle for you to be so clearly biased towards Argentina and generalize about the totality of us?

You either didn't read my whole post, it is more about your using moral relativism and how it degrades society, or something was lost in translation. That said, your English is quite good. I think you either overlooked the last part or didn't care to acknowledge it because it does not fit your narrative.
Yes, I missed your last part. Still, it is not the same. The difference is that you can sing about murder without being a murderer, just like you may use a racist or homophobic remark without being racist nor homophobic in your core.

If I can concede something, is that Argentina is clearly behind in the whole PC culture and professionals, specially, should be more aware of these things. I can't speak for the totality of the players, but I can assure you that 99%, if not all, of the Argentinian players that sang that song aren't racists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.