Racism in Football

Can somebody clear something up, Argentina have won the Copa America.

Is there a reason why the are singing about France and their players?

If it was a song about Brazil or Columbia (who they beat in the final) i could understand singing about them.

What the hell has Mbappe, France and it’s black players got to do with it - is there some bad blood between the countries? Maybe going back to the world cup?

It’s like Spain singing about Peru’s players - i don’t get it

Both the European winners and the South American winners shit the bed after they won, last time another major international trophy was won the Spanish FA representative assaulted a woman
and the Argentines whipped a song out about the Falklands.

I for one can't wait for the Olympics.

Can somebody clear something up, Argentina have won the Copa America.

Is there a reason why the are singing about France and their players?

If it was a song about Brazil or Columbia (who they beat in the final) i could understand singing about them.

What the hell has Mbappe, France and it’s black players got to do with it - is there some bad blood between the countries? Maybe going back to the world cup?

It’s like Spain singing about Peru’s players - i don’t get it

It's from the last world cup.

Interestingly in the comment sections there seems to be a big divide between native Africans and people with African heritage who live in European countries. The latter are massively offended, whereas the former pretty much agree with the chant. They see the French players as betraying their African heritage to play for a Colonial power because they can make more money.

Both the European winners and the South American winners shit the bed after they won, last time another major international trophy was won the Spanish FA representative assaulted a woman
and the Argentines whipped a song out about the Falklands.

I for one can't wait for the Olympics.

I'm waiting for someone to sing the "Always the victims" chant. :)

Personally I think this being the 1,000,000th example of drunk people singing along to explicit lyrics without really thinking what they mean is more likely than the idea every player in the Argentine squad is a raving racist or trying to win over their racist ultras.

If you think otherswise, that's your perogative.

It's from the last world cup.

Interestingly in the comment sections there seems to be a big divide between native Africans and people with African heritage who live in European countries. The latter are massively offended, whereas the former pretty much agree with the chant. They see the French players as betraying their African heritage to play for a Colonial power because they can make more money.
Or because that's where they were born, brought up, and learned to play football. It always makes me laugh when people bring up the "African" players in European teams, while failing to point out the number of English or French players that were actually born in Europe and benefited from an entire childhood of European coaching playing in African teams. It's almost as if someone can have more than one identity.

It's also a bit pathetic when someone is suddenly claimed by the country of their ancestors because they happen to be good at something. Like all of Japan suddenly claiming Kazuo Ishiguro when he got the Nobel Prize for Literature, or Naomi Osaka when she won the US Open, when plenty of them wouldn't give the time of day to a "hafu' normally.

Or because that's where they were born, brought up, and learned to play football. It always makes me laugh when people bring up the "African" players in European teams, while failing to point out the number of English or French players that were actually born in Europe and benefited from an entire childhood of European coaching playing in African teams. It's almost as if someone can have more than one identity.

I see both perspectives, and you are right in that it works both ways, didn't Mahrez train at Clarefontaine and grow up in Paris but represented Algeria internationally?

If the Argentinian VP hasn’t got any Mancunian in her I’m happy to assist..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.