Racist plane banner at game today

Make that two AA batteries please. The ones in my TV remote are going flat.

There's plenty of AA batteries on sale in Asda over the road.
inappropriate levity that fell "flat". Could have put "farage balloons" but suspected that would go "over the head" of most. Anyway racists can flak off.

Opinions that are considered by most people to be morally wrong or abhorrent (by the majority of societys standards), should not be aired in public. If people want to have antiquated views and opinions, that's fine - but they should keep it to themselves.

Airing an opinion in public that is offensive to people should not be without consequence. 'Freedom of speech' shouldn't be an open book in terms of being able to say whatever the fuck you want without consequence.
Can’t agree with you about freedom of speech fella. We either have it or don’t have it

To give you a daft example, I hate horses, which may potentially offend some people having aired it in public, I really don’t think I should have any consequences for having & airing an opinion (I could’ve lied & said cats as I know Kaz would be offended)

However, if I tried to incite any violence towards horses, then there should be consequences

I’d rather know who the racists are than not know. Everyone is allowed an opinion however alien & ridiculous it my seem to anybody else

Can’t agree with you about freedom of speech fella. We either have it or don’t have it

To give you a daft example, I hate horses, which may potentially offend some people having aired it in public, I really don’t think I should have any consequences for having & airing an opinion (I could’ve lied & said cats as I know Kaz would be offended)

However, if I tried to incite any violence towards horses, then there should be consequences

I’d rather know who the racists are than not know. Everyone is allowed an opinion however alien & ridiculous it my seem to anybody else

But surely airing racist views/opinions in public - is something that can lead to violence etc?

That's why some countries have laws against hate speech, to avoid that sort of thing.

The part in bold is incredibly amusing if true as I’d imagine that the percentage of the population who falls into that category will be minuscule, so we’re already here in 2022 never mind 2066
I've heard them say "Indigenous British" - how the fuck do they think we got here? And where had we come from before that?

That's the thing about racism, it's not only all the moral and societal arguments against it, but it just doesn't stand up to logic.

The same people flying this banner are the same people who were saying "No blacks, no dogs, no Irish" in the 60s.

Around 35% of families in Manchester now have Irish heritage.

That Geordie bloke obviously heard you inciting violence against horses ; )

Fair play to you for being open-minded and asking questions, as opposed to just shouting “woke”, which is how a lot of brain deads react when they see something they disagree with.

So the “British to be minority by 2066” is based on an old far-right conspiracy theory that black, Asian and mixed-race families are having kids at a quicker rate than all-white families, so that by 2066 the UK will be more than 50% non pure-bred pedigree white.

It’s a conspiracy theory, and very likely not accurate. But irrespective of that, the reason it’s racist is because it’s equating “pedigree white” as British and everyone else as not really British.

So someone who was born here, who’s parents were born here, but has brown skin, is not considered “British” by these people. To be truly “British” you have to come from an unbroken chain of whiteness tracing back to the Druids, according to these people.

If the plane had said “Britain to be majority non-white by 2066” it would have still be inflammatory and still had the same intention of stirring up fear and hatred, and inferring that non-white is somehowinferior to white.

By saying “Non-British” instead of “Non-white” it’s taking it a stage further by suggesting that non-whites are not British.

So kids could be born here, their parents born here, they could serve in the army and die for their country, but not be considered as “British” if their skin had any kind of pigment to it?

The intention of the message was to suggest that white is superior to non-white. You couldn’t really find a more racist message than that, mate.
Everyone is equal and has a right to live regardless of skin colour, nationality, religious belief, sexual orientation, political following, etc, etc. Good post man.

Cunts whoever ordered it and if I owned a plane banner company I would refuse the business

It is also thick, if you're born here you're british so the idea british people will disappear is stupid

Last edited:
In a way racism is sad really isn’t it.

I’ve had several conversations with people from different countries, raised by different values either by what they believe or where they live. These are the most interesting conversations one can have. Especially when they are open minded as well. It’s simply fascinating and it makes you understand things you don’t agree with or find hard to except. Also most people like a bit of banter in the way they try to explain in their language.

Fair play to you for being open-minded and asking questions, as opposed to just shouting “woke”, which is how a lot of brain deads react when they see something they disagree with.

So the “British to be minority by 2066” is based on an old far-right conspiracy theory that black, Asian and mixed-race families are having kids at a quicker rate than all-white families, so that by 2066 the UK will be more than 50% non pure-bred pedigree white.

It’s a conspiracy theory, and very likely not accurate. But irrespective of that, the reason it’s racist is because it’s equating “pedigree white” as British and everyone else as not really British.

So someone who was born here, who’s parents were born here, but has brown skin, is not considered “British” by these people. To be truly “British” you have to come from an unbroken chain of whiteness tracing back to the Druids, according to these people.

If the plane had said “Britain to be majority non-white by 2066” it would have still be inflammatory and still had the same intention of stirring up fear and hatred, and inferring that non-white is somehowinferior to white.

By saying “Non-British” instead of “Non-white” it’s taking it a stage further by suggesting that non-whites are not British.

So kids could be born here, their parents born here, they could serve in the army and die for their country, but not be considered as “British” if their skin had any kind of pigment to it?

The intention of the message was to suggest that white is superior to non-white. You couldn’t really find a more racist message than that, mate.
Right, got you. I suppose the subtlety of the message can go under the radar and is a way of ingratiating people to their ‘cause’.

Just to add to this, the 2066 stuff also conflated white European immigration with other forms of immigration. So my girlfriend - who is white and born in Britain, but whose Great-Grandma who she never met was Polish and got out in the war - would, in the logics of the study quoted, also not "count" as British. It's the only way you can get the "minority" stuff to work, even if you don't accept the broader premise as you and I don't. Nonsense stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.