Racist plane banner at game today

Right, got you. I suppose the subtlety of the message can go under the radar and is a way of ingratiating people to their ‘cause’.
Yes, they're very, very attuned to delivering these messages so they don't sound as racist as they are. The British far right wised up in the 90s to the fact that the public weren't very receptive to skinheads ranting about pure blood lines.

Just to add to this, the 2066 stuff also conflated white European immigration with other forms of immigration. So my girlfriend - who is white and born in Britain, but whose Great-Grandma who she never met was Polish and got out in the war - would, in the logics of the study quoted, also not "count" as British. It's the only way you can get the "minority" stuff to work, even if you don't accept the broader premise as you and I don't. Nonsense stuff.
It's just complete nonsense, and based on irrational and ignorant fear of the status quo changing, which is what all racist / far-right politics is based on.

Fair play to you for being open-minded and asking questions, as opposed to just shouting “woke”, which is how a lot of brain deads react when they see something they disagree with.

So the “British to be minority by 2066” is based on an old far-right conspiracy theory that black, Asian and mixed-race families are having kids at a quicker rate than all-white families, so that by 2066 the UK will be more than 50% non pure-bred pedigree white.

It’s a conspiracy theory, and very likely not accurate. But irrespective of that, the reason it’s racist is because it’s equating “pedigree white” as British and everyone else as not really British.

So someone who was born here, who’s parents were born here, but has brown skin, is not considered “British” by these people. To be truly “British” you have to come from an unbroken chain of whiteness tracing back to the Druids, according to these people.

If the plane had said “Britain to be majority non-white by 2066” it would have still be inflammatory and still had the same intention of stirring up fear and hatred, and inferring that non-white is somehowinferior to white.

By saying “Non-British” instead of “Non-white” it’s taking it a stage further by suggesting that non-whites are not British.

So kids could be born here, their parents born here, they could serve in the army and die for their country, but not be considered as “British” if their skin had any kind of pigment to it?

The intention of the message was to suggest that white is superior to non-white. You couldn’t really find a more racist message than that, mate.
Not racist in my opinion as the term “British” includes all creeds and colours who were born here. The foreign born population in the UK is around 13% and hopefully we will add to this when we sign Haaland

The part in bold is incredibly amusing if true as I’d imagine that the percentage of the population who falls into that category will be minuscule, so we’re already here in 2022 never mind 2066
My surname is Anglo-Norman in origin and dates back to shortly after the Norman conquest of 1066. I'd be massively shocked if there were anybody alive today whose DNA was wholly indigenous to this piece of lad known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Seriously, who gives a toss in this day and age where someone originates from?

My surname is Anglo-Norman in origin and dates back to shortly after the Norman conquest of 1066. I'd be massively shocked if there were anybody alive today whose DNA was wholly indigenous to this piece of lad known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Seriously, who gives a toss in this day and age where someone originates from?
Scousers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.