Racist podcast rant - Arsenal fan & 'Comedian' Alan Davies not happy with us

Yes it was a decent attempt to redeem himself but there are plenty of 80s/90s comedians with Oxbridge degrees who didn’t black up or make mysogynistic jokes for quick laughs, and I don’t think the old excuse that ‘times were different then’ means you have the right to preach to others now. Problem with people like Davies etc is they are never the butt of their joke, they always laugh at people not with them.
There is a huge band of comics who seem to have made a good career out of being sneering London posh boys. They get invited back again and again to all these shite quiz shows on BBC and Radio 4. They all seem to have gone to the same schools and universities and most of them are just not funny. Watching Billie Connolly recently reminded me of a time when the UK had the best, most creative, innovative comedians in the world. The broadcast comedy output these days, with a few exceptions, is pathetic.

What exactly did we do wrong ? The only issue he can have in this game are two Ref decisions that (correctly) went our way. The behavior of his own team was disgusting, cheating, diving, feigning injury & constantly haranguing the Ref. Ungentlemanly conduct scuffing the penalty spot x2 was off the scale cheating, yet we are the bad guys? Next time I watch Jonathan Creek , I hope he doesn’t solve it.

After the League Cup win over Arsenal a few years ago, I was minding my own business on the tube back into the city as I worked there then. Arsenal fans saw my shirt under my coat and for a few stops they were muttering 'bought it' in my direction. Eventually one got brave and came over to me with his mates and told me that City had bought the success. I told him, 'yes we have' he looked confused. I reminded him that the majority of our 'dirty money' was in his clubs bank. Adebayour, Toure, Nasri, Sagna, Clichy and I asked him what has his club done with the finances we had pumped into Arsenal. He stopped for a second and then said 'fair enough' walked off.

What exactly did we do wrong ? The only issue he can have in this game are two Ref decisions that (correctly) went our way. The behavior of his own team was disgusting, cheating, diving, feigning injury & constantly haranguing the Ref. Ungentlemanly conduct scuffing the penalty spot x2 was off the scale cheating, yet we are the bad guys? Next time I watch Jonathan Creek , I hope he doesn’t solve it.
And Maddie sits on his face and suffocates him to within an inch of his life.

"Get out of our league!"

I think you will find you haven't been in our league spanning across three decades now, you racist-venting piece of fucking entitlement.
"Their League" lol
They never even earned the right to be promoted to it:

"When the Football League resumed play in 1919 after World War I, Arsenal—which had finished fifth in the Second Division before the war—was controversially promoted to the First Division over higher-placing Tottenham after Arsenal's chairman argued that his club deserved promotion because of its longer history

Self entitled pricks since 1919

Yes it was a decent attempt to redeem himself but there are plenty of 80s/90s comedians with Oxbridge degrees who didn’t black up or make mysogynistic jokes for quick laughs, and I don’t think the old excuse that ‘times were different then’ means you have the right to preach to others now. Problem with people like Davies etc is they are never the butt of their joke, they always laugh at people not with them.
Things do change over time though. People can change and admit they made an error of judgment. I think it’s very clear Skinner and Baddiel weren’t trying to be racist in the slightest but obviously they wouldn’t dream of doing that now.

I don’t think that means the same people who have freely admitted to their mistake years ago shouldn’t be able to speak out about things they know are wrong today.

This clown ranting about City now is just a bitter gunner talking out of his arse. I don’t think he’s racist. Problem at the moment is people want to turn everything into a race row and if anything it detracts from the despicable twats who actually are.

The first half was the best they had played in years but they still lost and they couldn't handle it; their players and their fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.