Radamel Falcao Zarate

Apart from the odd Atletico (Super Cup, Europa Final, Deportivo) and Napoli (us, Munich, Juventus) matches, I've not seen much of Falcao and Cavani, barring Youtube clips. Given he's a year younger and has a similar goalscoring ratio to Falcao, how do they compare?

Who would be better
a) In the premiership
b) In our team.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
Apart from the odd Atletico (Super Cup, Europa Final, Deportivo) and Napoli (us, Munich, Juventus) matches, I've not seen much of Falcao and Cavani, barring Youtube clips. Given he's a year younger and has a similar goalscoring ratio to Falcao, how do they compare?

Who would be better
a) In the premiership
b) In our team.
a) Falcao
b) Cavani

Make of this what you want...

Europe news
Falcao: I won't rule out Italian move

Radamel Falcao has indicated that he would be open to a future move to Serie A.

Falcao has been linked with a host of clubs
Falcao, 26, has scored 42 goals in 49 league games for La Liga club Atletico Madrid and has been linked with a summer move to Chelsea, Manchester City or Real Madrid.

However, speaking at the Ballon d’Or ceremony in Zurich on Monday, the Colombia international, who was named in the FIFPro Team of the Year, indicated that his future could lie in Italy.

"Right now I am thinking only of the present,” he told reporters. “However, you can never say never - who knows what is in store for me? I do not exclude a future in Italy. I do have a favourite club [there], but I would prefer not to tell you.

"It has been a great year. I want to thank God for being involved in the Team of the Year as well, because all of the players but me are from either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"The support from my team has been amazing, I have been shown a lot of support and love. The aim with Atletico is to reach better results than last season. We are still fighting for the Cup and Europa League, so we must keep on playing like this.”

The comments follow an earlier interview in which he spoke of his admiration for former Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi. 

“I asked Mario Yepes to ask Inzaghi to sign a Milan shirt for me,” he told TuttoSport. “He is a striker I have always really admired because of his eye for goal. He has inspired me with his style of play."

SPIDERBOY said:

Europe news

Falcao, 26, has scored 42 goals in 49 league games for La Liga club Atletico Madrid and has been linked with a summer move to Chelsea, Manchester City or Real Madrid.

However, speaking at the Ballon d’Or ceremony in Zurich on Monday, the Colombia international, who was named in the FIFPro Team of the Year, indicated that his future could lie in Italy.

"Right now I am thinking only of the present,” he told reporters. “However, you can never say never - who knows what is in store for me? I do not exclude a future in Italy. I do have a favourite club [there], but I would prefer not to tell you.

"It has been a great year. I want to thank God for being involved in the Team of the Year as well, because all of the players but me are from either Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"The support from my team has been amazing, I have been shown a lot of support and love. The aim with Atletico is to reach better results than last season. We are still fighting for the Cup and Europa League, so we must keep on playing like this.”

The comments follow an earlier interview in which he spoke of his admiration for former Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi. 

“I asked Mario Yepes to ask Inzaghi to sign a Milan shirt for me,” he told TuttoSport. “He is a striker I have always really admired because of his eye for goal. He has inspired me with his style of play."

Love how they assume he meant "there", originally he was quoted as saying "I do have a favourite club, but...." So could be interpreted as any club in any league. They've added the (there) to fit what they want you to read.

not my fault! said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Europe news

Love how they assume he meant "there", originally he was quoted as saying "I do have a favourite club, but...." So could be interpreted as any club in any league. They've added the (there) to fit what they want you to read.

Maybe mate,maybe

i cant see it being anywhere but chelsea, iv read somewhere he used to watch them growing up as a kid as some of the players were his idols or something along those lines. i dont no why clubs would wait until the summer though, obviously ath want to keep him as hes pushing them for a top 4 spot but if he has a release clause which is reported around 48mill ish surely clubs would act now? because they are not going to accept an offer lower than his release clause because hes so good and clubs will pay it so why wait until the summer?

kye1991 said:
i cant see it being anywhere but chelsea, iv read somewhere he used to watch them growing up as a kid as some of the players were his idols or something along those lines. i dont no why clubs would wait until the summer though, obviously ath want to keep him as hes pushing them for a top 4 spot but if he has a release clause which is reported around 48mill ish surely clubs would act now? because they are not going to accept an offer lower than his release clause because hes so good and clubs will pay it so why wait until the summer?
Yeh I agree, he's just using our interest and the other clubs to make sure he gets the most money he can before he joins Chelsea.

Sir Joe Aguero said:

Who would be better
a) In the premiership
b) In our team.

a) Falcao
b) Falcao

Cavani would fit in the premier league but not our team

In my opinion we need to do everything we can to get this guy.

I've said it before I would sell Tevez or Dzeko + Balotelli and use the funds for him. I know its not as easy as all that to sell top players but Dzeko is unhappy and it would appear Napoli want Balotelii.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.