Radamel Falcao Zarate

CityFan94 said:
I hope our strikeforce at the start of next season is Falcao, Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti.

This would be really ideal and seems like common sense as we'd sell two high quality strikers (Mario and Dzeko) to mostly fund signing an even higher quality striker and the ruthless goalscorer we still lack (Falcao) while blooding in the academy gem at no cost in a role that does not and never has IMO warrant a 'superstar' name (4th striker - possibly rising to 3rd striker after Tevez goes if he impresses enough). I'd be very sad to see the affable Dzeko go but if it meant getting Falcao in it would be worth it. But all that said, this scenario probably won't happen as the coaching staff and fans usually have much different ideas.

LoveCity said:
CityFan94 said:
I hope our strikeforce at the start of next season is Falcao, Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti.

This would be really ideal and seems like common sense as we'd sell two high quality strikers (Mario and Dzeko) to mostly fund signing an even higher quality striker and the ruthless goalscorer we still lack (Falcao) while blooding in the academy gem at no cost in a role that does not and never has IMO warrant a 'superstar' name (4th striker - possibly rising to 3rd striker after Tevez goes if he impresses enough). I'd be very sad to see the affable Dzeko go but if it meant getting Falcao in it would be worth it. But all that said, this scenario probably won't happen as the coaching staff and fans usually have much different ideas.

Sorry.

Yeah, I read that as Tevez in the four he named. Tevez won't be going anywhere next summer, even PSG balked at his wages so we simply won't be selling him and he's a lock to run down his contract at least, meaning Dzeko would be more likely to go if we offloaded two to buy Falcao.

LoveCity said:
Yeah, I read that as Tevez in the four he named. Tevez won't be going anywhere next summer, even PSG balked at his wages so we simply won't be selling him and he's a lock to run down his contract at least, meaning Dzeko would be more likely to go if we offloaded two to buy Falcao.
To bring in Falcao, 2 of our strikers have to go. I hope it is not Dzeko. Just like him as a person. And his ability to come thru when needed is often overshadowed by his sometime poor play. Which by the way, there hasn't been many of this season. SO perhaps he is finally clicking.

It seems everyone is certain about Aguero and down on Balo, so we have one certain for staying and the other leaving. Now the question is who is the 2nd? Tevez or Dzeko.

Forwards
Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez, Guidetti
Attacking mids
Silva, Yaya, Nasri, ?
Center Mids
Garcia, Milner, Barry, Rodwell
Central Defense
Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott, ?
Leftback
Clichy, Kolarov
Right Back
Micah, Zaba
Goalie
Hart,Pantilimon,Taylor

This leaves us with 2 spots to fill:

My choices:
Jovetic, Valiente,

Radamel Falcao is a player who could make a difference to Manchester City and may be their top target in January, according to the club's chief scout.

Falcao has enhanced his reputation as one of the finest strikers in world football since joining Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2011 and is reportedly now being coveted by a number of clubs.

While Atletico insist they have no intention of selling the Colombian in the New Year and are confident he will stay, Manchester City chief scout Carlo Cancellieri has indicated that he would like to see a deal done.

Cancellieri believes City should prioritise a move for Falcao over their pursuit of other reported targets, such as Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina, as there are very few players capable of improving the current squad.

Asked about Jovetic, Cancellieri told tuttomercatoweb.com: "He is an interesting player, he has quality. But in attack City are already good, we're happy with Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli.

"Moreover, I believe that our players are better than Jovetic. He is a very good player, but he is not one who could make a difference such as Falcao.

"I spoke about him in recent days with (Roberto) Mancini. If we were to take a player in January, we should take Falcao.

"He is an important player, the only one who could make us take the leap."

Cancellieri also declared that City were admirers of two Spanish World Cup-winners, but admitted they were unlikely to leave Barcelona.

He said: "A midfielder? We like Busquets and Fabregas a lot, but Barcelona don't want to give these two players."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8179453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8179453</a>

LoveCity said:
Radamel Falcao is a player who could make a difference to Manchester City and may be their top target in January, according to the club's chief scout.

Falcao has enhanced his reputation as one of the finest strikers in world football since joining Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2011 and is reportedly now being coveted by a number of clubs.

While Atletico insist they have no intention of selling the Colombian in the New Year and are confident he will stay, Manchester City chief scout Carlo Cancellieri has indicated that he would like to see a deal done.

Cancellieri believes City should prioritise a move for Falcao over their pursuit of other reported targets, such as Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina, as there are very few players capable of improving the current squad.

Asked about Jovetic, Cancellieri told tuttomercatoweb.com: "He is an interesting player, he has quality. But in attack City are already good, we're happy with Tevez, Aguero and Balotelli.

"Moreover, I believe that our players are better than Jovetic. He is a very good player, but he is not one who could make a difference such as Falcao.

"I spoke about him in recent days with (Roberto) Mancini. If we were to take a player in January, we should take Falcao.

Cancellieri also declared that City were admirers of two Spanish World Cup-winners, but admitted they were unlikely to leave Barcelona.

He said: "A midfielder? We like Busquets and Fabregas a lot, but Barcelona don't want to give these two players."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8179453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8179453</a>

No mention of Dzeko in there.

grunge said:
LoveCity said:

No mention of Dzeko in there.

I noticed that also. Not sure if it means anything though.

He is an important player, the only one who could make us take the leap

I like this attitude. Forward thinking and looking to push on to the very highest level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.