Radamel Falcao Zarate

xzbit04 said:
Shite source I think but anyway-

MANCHESTER CITY’S bid to sign Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao is under serious threat from French club Paris Saint-Germain.

Loaded PSG have informed their Spanish counterparts they are willing to meet the massive £48million release clause in the Colombian striker’s contract as soon as the January window opens.

And that news has set alarm bells ringing in the corridors of the Etihad Stadium, with City boss Roberto Mancini equally desperate to land Falcao.

The Italian flew to Spain last month to watch his No.1 transfer target – and preliminary negotiations between City and Atletico are thought to be under way.

But the Premier League champions seem reluctant to blow such a massive sum on Falcao. They feel that a fee of £35m would be more appropriate.

And that has given big-spending PSG renewed belief they can still take the striker to France. Boss Carlo Ancelotti wants to pair Falcao, 26, alongside his major signing from the summer – £25m Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The ex-Chelsea coach is under orders from his ambitious bosses to carry on adding world-class talent to his squad – no matter what the cost.

Falcao definitely fits that bill after becoming one of the game’s most soughtafter properties last season when his goals fired Atletico to success in the Europa League.

The frontman was also heavily linked with Real Madrid but failed to get a move to one of Europe’s big clubs over the summer.

In August, he blitzed a hat-trick in his club’s 4-1 UEFA Super Cup romp over Champions League holders Chelsea, while eight goals in six La Liga games this term have put Atletico joint-top of the Spanish table.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has since conceded it may be impossible to prevent his prize asset departing in January.

That leaves City little option but to cough up the cash required – or risk losing out in the race to Ancelotti’s PSG.

DailyStar
If he doesn't go to us, lets hope its PSG he joins.

Danamy said:
Believe it or not PSG are sniffing around Eto at the moment

He's still far too good to be playing out in the snowy wilderness, I remember Mancini wanted him but (according to The Times or Independent) the board felt he was too old, but Eto'o plays like he is younger. Would be a great partner for Ibra... and a bit funny since they were involved in that huge swap deal few years ago.

LoveCity said:
Danamy said:

He's still far too good to be playing out in the snowy wilderness, I remember Mancini wanted him but (according to The Times or Independent) the board felt he was too old, but Eto'o plays like he is younger. Would be a great partner for Ibra... and a bit funny since they were involved in that huge swap deal few years ago.

Frightening partnership if it happens, I'm also confident that Falcao will end up in England

xzbit04 said:
Shite source I think but anyway-

MANCHESTER CITY’S bid to sign Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao is under serious threat from French club Paris Saint-Germain.

Loaded PSG have informed their Spanish counterparts they are willing to meet the massive £48million release clause in the Colombian striker’s contract as soon as the January window opens.

And that news has set alarm bells ringing in the corridors of the Etihad Stadium, with City boss Roberto Mancini equally desperate to land Falcao.

The Italian flew to Spain last month to watch his No.1 transfer target – and preliminary negotiations between City and Atletico are thought to be under way.

But the Premier League champions seem reluctant to blow such a massive sum on Falcao. They feel that a fee of £35m would be more appropriate.

And that has given big-spending PSG renewed belief they can still take the striker to France. Boss Carlo Ancelotti wants to pair Falcao, 26, alongside his major signing from the summer – £25m Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The ex-Chelsea coach is under orders from his ambitious bosses to carry on adding world-class talent to his squad – no matter what the cost.

Falcao definitely fits that bill after becoming one of the game’s most soughtafter properties last season when his goals fired Atletico to success in the Europa League.

The frontman was also heavily linked with Real Madrid but failed to get a move to one of Europe’s big clubs over the summer.

In August, he blitzed a hat-trick in his club’s 4-1 UEFA Super Cup romp over Champions League holders Chelsea, while eight goals in six La Liga games this term have put Atletico joint-top of the Spanish table.

Atletico president Enrique Cerezo has since conceded it may be impossible to prevent his prize asset departing in January.

That leaves City little option but to cough up the cash required – or risk losing out in the race to Ancelotti’s PSG.

DailyStar
The way he and his agent/father have been repeatedly talking up the Premier League for the last few months makes me think it's very unlikely he'd agree to go to that joke of a League. Even if they do offer to pay Atletico's asking price in full, it's ultimately up to the player himself whether he wants to go to that club or not, and if there are any equivalent offers from England, he'd almost certainly opt for them over P$G.

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:
Danamy said:

Frightening partnership if it happens, I'm also confident that Falcao will end up in England

Yep and it will be Chelsea when Abramovitch wants someone he gets him

waspish said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

There's no doubt Chelsea have a better chance than we do. Number one, they actually need a striker, while we have 4. Falcao would be the main man there, where here he'd be competing with Kun, Tevez, and most likely one of Dzeko or Mario. Two, they have Torres, who Atletico may want back in a swap + cash deal for sentimentality reasons. And 3, they have Courtois on loan there, who's been brilliant for them the last 2 seasons, and could be used as a makeweight in any such deal.

Not looking good for us if Abramobitch decides he wants him.

Kun, Falcao and Zlatan are the best forwards in the world.
If he join us it will be a huge upgrade to our team

ElKun said:
waspish said:
Danamy said:

There's no doubt Chelsea have a better chance than we do. Number one, they actually need a striker, while we have 4. Falcao would be the main man there, where here he'd be competing with Kun, Tevez, and most likely one of Dzeko or Mario. Two, they have Torres, who Atletico may want back in a swap + cash deal for sentimentality reasons. And 3, they have Courtois on loan there, who's been brilliant for them the last 2 seasons, and could be used as a makeweight in any such deal.

Not looking good for us if Abramobitch decides he wants him.

^All of this unfortunately :(

There is no way that Falcao will go to France in my opinion, OK he will get a nice pay day etc, but he might as well go back to Portugal with the amount of competition in France now PSG have got a super squad. Portugal is pretty much on par with the French Ligue 1 in comparison to quality anyway.

Every top player wants to play in either England or Spain, with all the comments recently from him praising the EPL tells me he wants a move here.

I don't understand the competition argument here because if he carries his Porto and Atletico form over here, he will instantly become our number one striker and play every week. Ok, we cannot guarantee it whilst Chelsea can but surely a player like Falcao would relish playing alongside Aguero, Tevez and Silva?! He would get a nice pay day just like at Chelsea - 150k-200k as well.

I also think the board won't want the fact the third best player in the world will be at Chelsea because if let's say they are still top come January, it will be very hard to keep them away from the top spot with Falcao up front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.