Radamel Falcao Zarate

Tevez City said:
Dax777 said:
Tevez City said:
Would you drop Carlos or Sergio for him !
Personally, I'd sell Tevez and Balotelli and bring him in. Then bring in another attacking mid to Join, Silva and Nasri. I still find myself fuming anytime I watch Mata or Carzolla. We could have had either, yet we muffed it. :(

I am not sure if Falcao is better player than Tevez !

Falcao is a better finisher for sure, but overall I think Tevez is better.

Really??

kabuverdimcfc said:
Tevez City said:
Dax777 said:
Personally, I'd sell Tevez and Balotelli and bring him in. Then bring in another attacking mid to Join, Silva and Nasri. I still find myself fuming anytime I watch Mata or Carzolla. We could have had either, yet we muffed it. :(

Really??

I do agree with this actually, If you take Falcao's scoring ability away, he is very limited in what he can do. Falcao is just a world class finisher and lethal in the box, probably the best around, Tevez can offer a creative outlet that Falcao cannot. If you want a perfect blend you get Messi.

The strike pairing if we got him would have to be Falcao up top and Tevez behind or Sergio up top Tevez behind.

kabuverdimcfc said:
Tevez City said:
Dax777 said:

Really??
I love Tevez but there is no way he would score the amount of goals Falcao has for Porto and Atletico.

sam-caddick said:
There is no way that Falcao will go to France in my opinion, OK he will get a nice pay day etc, but he might as well go back to Portugal with the amount of competition in France now PSG have got a super squad. Portugal is pretty much on par with the French Ligue 1 in comparison to quality anyway.

Every top player wants to play in either England or Spain, with all the comments recently from him praising the EPL tells me he wants a move here.

I don't understand the competition argument here because if he carries his Porto and Atletico form over here, he will instantly become our number one striker and play every week. Ok, we cannot guarantee it whilst Chelsea can but surely a player like Falcao would relish playing alongside Aguero, Tevez and Silva?! He would get a nice pay day just like at Chelsea - 150k-200k as well.

I also think the board won't want the fact the third best player in the world will be at Chelsea because if let's say they are still top come January, it will be very hard to keep them away from the top spot with Falcao up front.
That's sort of the problem. Should that happen, where does that leave Aguero? Not to mention Tevez and Dzeko, as well as young Guidetti? Not sure they're gonna be happy campers being sat on the bench most of the time.

Sometimes too much quality can and does work against you.

ElKun said:
sam-caddick said:
There is no way that Falcao will go to France in my opinion, OK he will get a nice pay day etc, but he might as well go back to Portugal with the amount of competition in France now PSG have got a super squad. Portugal is pretty much on par with the French Ligue 1 in comparison to quality anyway.

Every top player wants to play in either England or Spain, with all the comments recently from him praising the EPL tells me he wants a move here.

I don't understand the competition argument here because if he carries his Porto and Atletico form over here, he will instantly become our number one striker and play every week. Ok, we cannot guarantee it whilst Chelsea can but surely a player like Falcao would relish playing alongside Aguero, Tevez and Silva?! He would get a nice pay day just like at Chelsea - 150k-200k as well.

I also think the board won't want the fact the third best player in the world will be at Chelsea because if let's say they are still top come January, it will be very hard to keep them away from the top spot with Falcao up front.
That's sort of the problem. Should that happen, where does that leave Aguero? Not to mention Tevez and Dzeko, as well as young Guidetti? Not sure they're gonna be happy campers being sat on the bench most of the time.

One of Balotelli or Dzeko to leave in Jan if Falcao does come, Guidetti will go out on loan leaving us with 4 strikers. In the summer I could see Dzeko/Balo possibly Tevez leaving and Guidetti returning.

ElKun said:
waspish said:
Danamy said:
Frightening partnership if it happens, I'm also confident that Falcao will end up in England

Yep and it will be Chelsea when Abramovitch wants someone he gets him
There's no doubt Chelsea have a better chance than we do. Number one, they actually need a striker, while we have 4. Falcao would be the main man there, where here he'd be competing with Kun, Tevez, and most likely one of Dzeko or Mario. Two, they have Torres, who Atletico may want back in a swap + cash deal for sentimentality reasons. And 3, they have Courtois on loan there, who's been brilliant for them the last 2 seasons, and could be used as a makeweight in any such deal.

Not looking good for us if Abramobitch decides he wants him.

^^^^

nail, on, head

if we were to get Falcao, it would mean selling two strikers... for me that would be Tevez and Balotelli. that would leave us with Aguero, Dzeko, Falcao and Guidetti, which is realistic, especially if Guidetti goes out on loan next season, although is having just 3 strikers available too little? what if two are injured?

either way, it will be very tricky for us to get Falcao in our current striker-situation... in contrast it seems like a very straight forward procedure for Chelsea - spend the money on him, pay him and play him every week. WE can't do that, unless, like i said before, we sell two strikers (IMO Tevez & Balotelli) to make room

for me it's definatley out of Chelsea or City that Falcao will be picking from, and realisticly i can't see him choosing us... at the moment.

i hope i am wrong, i would love to see him in a City shirt

greasedupdeafguy said:
ElKun said:
sam-caddick said:

One of Balotelli or Dzeko to leave in Jan if Falcao does come, Guidetti will go out on loan leaving us with 4 strikers. In the summer I could see Dzeko/Balo possibly Tevez leaving and Guidetti returning.
I get that point but that's an awful lot of chopping and changing (not to mention the £50m fee in itself) to be doing for a position we're already absolutely fine in. I'd much rather see the mid and defense sorted before making any unnecessary luxury buys for the CF position.

ElKun said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
ElKun said:

I get that point but that's an awful lot of chopping and changing (not to mention the £50m fee in itself) to be doing for a position we're already absolutely fine in. I'd much rather see the mid and defense sorted before making any unnecessary luxury buys for the CF position.
Personally I think its worth it for arguably the best out and out striker in the world. And tbh its not that much chopping and changing, one out and one in with Guidetti out on loan. Then maybe another striker leaving in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.