Rags Thread

Re: Rags Grind My Gears

samharris said:
Tomalonge said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
1) Yes you are missing something again, in fact i'd say you are completely wide of the mark. I was asking you would you still consider United as a team from "Manchester" when they are based in an area called Greater "Manchester", if it had never been called that and was called "Lower Lancashire" instead, would you still consider United as being in Manchester as that's the only connection the club has?

2) Also, YOU are on a City forum. You have called several City fans on here "bitter" purely because they disagree with your views and how you've been totally brainwashed by the propaganda your club purports. You even called me a "twisted nitpicking little shit" because I disagreed with your 'opinions', you got quite upset if i recall.

3) No, we don't know about you personally, but for fitting the criteria of the "typical, superiority complex suffering, arrogant, smug, tosspot, deluded, ill-informed, blinkered Man United fan who's obsessed with Manchester City" you fit the description quite perfectly.

Most Blues simply shorten it to 'Red Scum' to save time.
skull%20(5).gif
1) I still fail to see your point, it's a name change, Oldham's in Manchester, Bury's in Manchester, Wigan's in Manchester, Trafford is in Manchester. We'll have to agree to disagree, which I don't have a problem with.

2) No, I said that because at the time, the comments were very bitter and I knew it would be an easy way of winding you up. And you were being a nitpicking little shit, you were tarring me with the same brush as every other United fan blindly with the minutest of detail, I find my observation not only the correct judgement, but excellently put too.

3) You just listed things you've been guilty of too, shall we have a hypocrite-off? I hate the colour red.

3a) Liverpool, not Manchester City. If you're going to stereotype me, at least give me a stereotype that fits, learn your rival's rivals and you might be on your way to having a clue.

Jesus christ, it's like pulling teeth.

Try this...nice and simple.. Glasgow and London are cities in Great Britain but london is England and glasgow is Scotland..

you try telling a glaswiegans that they're English ...Or a Londoner that hes Scottish..

Capiche.

sorry to butt in on this argument but i must point out the following,

Glasgow and London are cities in Great Britain
correct!
london is England and glasgow is Scotland..
correct!
you try telling a glaswiegans that they're English ...Or a Londoner that hes Scottish..
WRONG!! as you have said there in Great britain they would be classed as British not english or scottish!
granted i hate being called british but as i live in England which is in Great britain i have a British passport just like the scots and English.

so your argument here is flawed! They would be British like it or not!

sorry i'll go now.

Re: The Curious Case of Manchester United

bellbuzzer said:
Lucky Toma said:
Today's Daisy Cutter -

<a class="postlink" href="http://daisycutter.comule.com/?p=765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://daisycutter.comule.com/?p=765</a>
a deadly accurate article,sralix carrying the team to where they have no right to be.'Expecting to win' is a fairy tale imo,being scared of losing is much more to the point.The take-over changed everything,in the past big-money reinforcements each season has been the m.o. that has enabled them to stay top of the pile, now that has not been possible they are wringing the results out ,at home especially, by a combination of hard work and reputation.Last minute goals are a sign of a team living on the edge,next year they could fall over it.

great read,
this is the first article i`ve read thats put what i`ve thought in black and white, rags = overperforming players and over performing team. the rest in the league playing against them with a lack of belief.

the biggest fear in sport isnt a fear of losing, it`s a fear of winning

Tomalonge said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
Tomalonge said:
Really?

I was just asked if Manchester United were in Lancashire and called Lancashire United would I still support them? And the answer to that is shockingly a resounding yes. Or am I missing something again?

I don't understand the anger, I really don't. Get over it.

-- Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 pm --

You have entitlement issues, and delusions of grandeur. Being a fan of any club doesn't make you any better than any other football fan, and individuality will always flaw your generalisations of the "Red Scum". I guarantee that you know precisely diddly-shit about me, apart from my favourite football team.
1) Yes you are missing something again, in fact i'd say you are completely wide of the mark. I was asking you would you still consider United as a team from "Manchester" when they are based in an area called Greater "Manchester", if it had never been called that and was called "Lower Lancashire" instead, would you still consider United as being in Manchester as that's the only connection the club has?

2) Also, YOU are on a City forum. You have called several City fans on here "bitter" purely because they disagree with your views and how you've been totally brainwashed by the propaganda your club purports. You even called me a "twisted nitpicking little shit" because I disagreed with your 'opinions', you got quite upset if i recall.

3) No, we don't know about you personally, but for fitting the criteria of the "typical, superiority complex suffering, arrogant, smug, tosspot, deluded, ill-informed, blinkered Man United fan who's obsessed with Manchester City" you fit the description quite perfectly.

Most Blues simply shorten it to 'Red Scum' to save time.
skull%20(5).gif
1) I still fail to see your point, it's a name change, Oldham's in Manchester, Bury's in Manchester, Wigan's in Manchester, Trafford is in Manchester. We'll have to agree to disagree, which I don't have a problem with.

2) No, I said that because at the time, the comments were very bitter and I knew it would be an easy way of winding you up. And you were being a nitpicking little shit, you were tarring me with the same brush as every other United fan blindly with the minutest of detail, I find my observation not only the correct judgement, but excellently put too.

3) You just listed things you've been guilty of too, shall we have a hypocrite-off? I hate the colour red.

3a) Liverpool, not Manchester City. If you're going to stereotype me, at least give me a stereotype that fits, learn your rival's rivals and you might be on your way to having a clue.

Fucking hell, is this clown for real?

I'd love you to ask a resident of Oldham, Wigan, Trafford, Bury and Bolton if they class themselves as Manchester.

Greater Manchester is a county...so what you're saying is that Crewe is in Macclesfield because they're both in Cheshire, and that Blackburn is in Burnley because they're both in Lancashire?

Your logic doesn't work.

Hypocracy by the rags?

Am I the only one who sees something a bit wrong with this??

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1421929_video-manchester-united-stars-take-to-the-skies-to-feature-in-turkish-airlines-pre-flight-safety-film#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... m#comments</a>

They are used to flying down the wings and are masters of rescuing themselves from sticky situations. Now Manchester United's stars are using those skills off the pitch in a new pre-flight safety video for club sponsors Turkish Airlines.

From next month passengers taking their seats on the carrier will be treated to the sight of Wayne Rooney and co comically guiding them through what to do in the case of an emergency.

The video starts by introducing Rooney and fellow stars Darren Fletcher, Rafael, Fabio, Nani and Chris Smalling.

Passengers are told to switch their phones off and are then shown Rooney using his - before the Brazilian twins show him a red card. The narrator then tells passengers to turn off electrical items before cutting to footage of Rooney using an electric razor, Nani listening to music and Rafael and Fabio flying a toy helicopter.

The stars then take passengers through how to use a seatbelt before Rooney races to the aid a prostrate Nani carrying an oxygen mask.

More japes follow, with the players showing how not to use an inflatable slide before a grinning Rooney, clearly a serial offender, sneaks up behind an unwitting Rafael and Fabio and inflates their life vests.

The light hearted five-minute video ends with the players sending their best wishes with Rooney wearing a captain's hat.

He revealed he was happy to help make the film when approached.

"It's always good fun to work with your team mates away from the pitch," he said. "And today's filming has been great. Hopefully our involvement with the video will make people more safety aware when travelling with Turkish Airlines."

A spokesman for the airline said they wanted to make the video more engaging for customers.

Dr Ali Genc added: "We're very proud to be once again collaborating with Manchester United. the club is an incredibly strong brand and we hope customers benefit from our relationship. Manchester United is one team we are always happy to work with."

The film is the second time the club have worked with the airline. They previously filmed a commercial which featured a host of players and Reds legend Bobby Charlton on board

Re: Hypocracy by the rags?

It's not like any of us would go out of our way to use that airline if paired against a Turkish club ! (unless they under-cut easyjet)

It's light hearted and no different to if our lot did one for Etihad with Balo doing the clownin serial offender skit etc, or Arsenal doing one for Emirates.

These sort of thangs will no doubt become much more common place takin clubs and sponsors to new heights. (excuse the pun)

Re: Hypocracy by the rags?

Maintainin said:
It's not like any of us would go out of our way to use that airline if paired against a Turkish club ! (unless they under-cut easyjet)

It's light hearted and no different to if our lot did one for Etihad with Balo doing the clownin serial offender skit etc, or Arsenal doing one for Emirates.

These sort of thangs will no doubt become much more common place takin clubs and sponsors to new heights. (excuse the pun)

yes, but if we had an airline disaster that made the mere mention of a certain City an offense warranting being removed from CoMS & the swamp well over 50 years later, as well as possibly being charged for inciting a riot, would we be making a light hearted comedic saftey video for an airline?

geek said:
samharris said:
Tomalonge said:

Try this...nice and simple.. Glasgow and London are cities in Great Britain but london is England and glasgow is Scotland..

Capiche.

sorry to butt in on this argument but i must point out the following,

Glasgow and London are cities in Great Britain
correct!
london is England and glasgow is Scotland..
correct!
WRONG!! as you have said there in Great britain they would be classed as British not english or scottish!
granted i hate being called british but as i live in England which is in Great britain i have a British passport just like the scots and English.

so your argument here is flawed! They would be British like it or not!

sorry i'll go now.

So if a scots SPL team named themselves "Britain united",who would they be representing ?? the Scots premier league or the English premier league..take time to think about it ..

my argument is far from flawed..

jgrz1l.png

Only one place on here called manchester :) everywhere else has its own name inc Trafford and Stretford. ta ra.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.