Rags Thread

Re: General football/Manchester United forum

Yes it is annoying. However it is not as annoying as the transfer forum with threads that go on about random players that with haven't been linked with the 'can we sign him because i like him' shit.

Re: Ji Sung Park

Still the most popular player at the Swamp. Gets more fan mail than any other. Probably cause +1 for Korea and he's a hard worker.

Mëtal Bikër said:
Manchester City have just finished joint 2nd with Chelsea.

Jesus H Christ. 3rd just isnt good enough for some is it - they have to delude themselves that we finished 2nd!

leroy said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

Jesus H Christ. 3rd just isnt good enough for some is it - they have to delude themselves that we finished 2nd!
Separated by goal difference only, how is that not joint 2nd? (Also it's called being an optimist, seeing things half full rather than half empty, having a positive outlook.)

Maybe you should try it. But then why would a Rag like yourself think any different?
I suppose what we SHOULD be saying is we finished 3 points above 4th?

Mëtal Bikër said:
leroy said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

Separated by goal difference only, how is that not joint 2nd? (Also it's called being an optimist, seeing things half full rather than half empty, having a positive outlook.)

Maybe you should try it. But then why would a Rag like yourself think any different?

You can fuck right off with the rag comment for a start!
Its not seeing things half full, its seeing a full pint when you have a pint of coke

If we finished with the same points as the champions, but second in the table, you would be calling yourselves the joint champions would you?

Show me a table (not one you made with crayons) that shows us in 2nd and I will admit that we are joint second. Until then you will just look like a chump saying we finished second when in fact, fairly, we finished third

leroy said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
leroy said:

Its not seeing things half full, its seeing a full pint when you have a pint of coke

If we finished with the same points as the champions, but second in the table, you would be calling yourselves the joint champions would you?

Show me a table (not one you made with crayons) that shows us in 2nd and I will admit that we are joint second. Until then you will just look like a chump saying we finished second when in fact, fairly, we finished third
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Your activity on this forum suggests a sort of negative City/Rag sympathiser attitude. I won't dwell on the immature quips for the moment and instead focus on you really having a problem with the comment about City being "joint 2nd".
I'm not denying that according to the official statistics City finished 3rd this year. No if City were level on points with United and missed out because of goal difference i would not be calling them joint champions, that's just a weak argument on your part.
But it cannot be argued that we finished with an equal points total as Chelsea on 71. If you finished a race on 53.276 seconds and your opponent finished in 53.276 seconds you'd want the silver medal, would you not? Chelsea conceded the same number of goals as City, but they scored 9 more.

Running away with 2nd place there!

You're looking too much into the sematics of my comment about City finishing "joint 2nd" and instead you should be focussing on the meaning i was trying portray, that we've had one of our best seasons in our history, that some could suggest City have finished "joint 2nd" and this has riled the Rags somewhat which has prompted this 'explosion' of Rag based threads.

Now until you are prepared to engage in a discussion without resorting to immature responses which belies your 48 year old mind, which one would assume by now WOULD have some maturity and wisdom, or attempts at belittling others using childish responses such as "get yer crayons out" or "i drink alcohol, you drink fizzy pop therefore it will be MY opinions we shall be accepting", i'll consider the matter closed.

You have a different opinion to mine, that does not make me any less informed, right nor does it show an example of my naivety, immaturity, impatience or disatisfaction at the clubs achievements this season.

Mëtal Bikër said:
leroy said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Your activity on this forum suggests a sort of negative City/Rag sympathiser attitude. I won't dwell on the immature quips for the moment and instead focus on you really having a problem with the comment about City being "joint 2nd".
I'm not denying that according to the official statistics City finished 3rd this year. No if City were level on points with United and missed out because of goal difference i would not be calling them joint champions, that's just a weak argument on your part.
But it cannot be argued that we finished with an equal points total as Chelsea on 71. If you finished a race on 53.276 seconds and your opponent finished in 53.276 seconds you'd want the silver medal, would you not? Chelsea conceded the same number of goals as City, but they scored 9 more.

Running away with 2nd place there!

You're looking too much into the sematics of my comment about City finishing "joint 2nd" and instead you should be focussing on the meaning i was trying portray, that we've had one of our best seasons in our history, that some could suggest City have finished "joint 2nd" and this has riled the Rags somewhat which has prompted this 'explosion' of Rag based threads.

Now until you are prepared to engage in a discussion without resorting to immature responses which belies your 48 year old mind, which one would assume by now WOULD have some maturity and wisdom, or attempts at belittling others using childish responses such as "get yer crayons out" or "i drink alcohol, you drink fizzy pop therefore it will be MY opinions we shall be accepting", i'll consider the matter closed.

You have a different opinion to mine, that does not make me any less informed, right nor does it show an example of my naivety, immaturity, impatience or disatisfaction at the clubs achievements this season.

So third then? Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.