Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Sterling will improve his confidence, his shooting and his physical strength.

I will be Pep's biggest achievement if he can help our young 3 stars ( Sane, Sterling & Jesus) reach their potential.

Sterling is actually pretty strong, you'll always hear about his amazing upper body strength. Just his legs are weak as shit.

He is definitely trying to stay on his feet more, which is a good sign, but he still loses the ball too easily for me. Improving greatly under Pep, which is fantastic for City, because he has the ability to grow dramatically as a player.

He is definitely trying to stay on his feet more, which is a good sign, but he still loses the ball too easily for me. Improving greatly under Pep, which is fantastic for City, because he has the ability to grow dramatically as a player.

Dribblers will always lose the ball more than passers (unless you're Messi).

It's far easier to pass the ball from A to B than it is to dribble past a top level defender.

The benefit of him going past a man (most successful dribbles in the box of any player in Europe's top 5 leagues) is far greater than him losing the ball every now and then when the defender makes the tackle. If you don't want that then you're just turning him into Jesus Navas who is a far less effective player.

If we're talking about passing he has a very good pass completion rate.

Dribblers will always lose the ball more than passers (unless you're Messi).

It's far easier to pass the ball from A to B than it is to dribble past a top level defender.

The benefit of him going past a man (most successful dribbles in the box of any player in Europe's top 5 leagues) is far greater than him losing the ball every now and then when the defender makes the tackle. If you don't want that then you're just turning him into Jesus Navas who is a far less effective player.

If we're talking about passing he has a very good pass completion rate.

Also, he was heavily criticised last season for never taking his man on and always taking the easy pass.

I'm not having a go at CB or his post, but in general I don't understand why so many people can't praise Sterling without there being at least one nod to some negative aspect to his game. It's like some people are afraid of just saying "he's a top player and we're lucky to have him". I'd understand if there were some question mark over his place in the side, but when the best manager in the world has made him all but undroppable and absolutely loves him, then we should also embrace his qualities and stop harping on and nit picking about how he can do X or Y better. Because there's no perfect player so we can say about literally any player in our squad, "yeah but he could do this better".

Also, he was heavily criticised last season for never taking his man on and always taking the easy pass.

I'm not having a go at CB or his post, but in general I don't understand why so many people can't praise Sterling without there being at least one nod to some negative aspect to his game. It's like some people are afraid of just saying "he's a top player and we're lucky to have him". I'd understand if there were some question mark over his place in the side, but when the best manager in the world has made him all but undroppable and absolutely loves him, then we should also embrace his qualities and stop harping on and nit picking about how he can do X or Y better. Because there's no perfect player so we can say about literally any player in our squad, "yeah but he could do this better".
Maybe if he stopped shopping in Poundland like a chav/being a snobby twat with 3 garages and a flash sink? (Delete as appropriate)

Both are appropriate. You can also add "being black".
Yeah I'd agree, will get jumped on by some on here for saying it though. You only have to look at the adjectives constantly applied to black players in football to see the undertone.

Has anyone seen @peter.evans lately? He seems to have not posted in this thread for a while...can't imagine why.
He's not alone. Last season was disgraceful the way some of our fanbase went after him. To not be able to see the player we had and the potential that came with the signing was shortsighted at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.