Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke on the row behind was slagging Sterling off relentlessly and then came out with "get him off FFS". Impeccable timing though, about 30 seconds before his assist for KdB's goal.

He's having a great season but I wish he would play instinctively more often than he does - the excellent assist for Sergio last night was a good example - at other times he seems to overthink things, such as that chance that he ended up chipping wide in the second half.
What block was that in mate ? (Just in case it was me) ;)

A bloke on the row behind was slagging Sterling off relentlessly and then came out with "get him off FFS". Impeccable timing though, about 30 seconds before his assist for KdB's goal.

He's having a great season but I wish he would play instinctively more often than he does - the excellent assist for Sergio last night was a good example - at other times he seems to overthink things, such as that chance that he ended up chipping wide in the second half.
Because they have been brainwashed by the media to believe he is a shit footballer and a waster in his private life. Sadly they are fucking idiots

Bloody hell what sterling have to do , scored title winning goals all season

Seems he still needs one extra touch to give him confidence in the box. After Peps death stare, it was pleasing to see him call Sterling over to the touch line for a man hug
It was, but I sincerely hope that he whispered in Pep's ear, "boss I'm useless on the left".

What a contrast when he was moved to the right, but I couldn't really understand why him and Bernardo didn't swap once last night, because when Sane plays left, they often swap over for short periods.

Its easy to criticise him for missing chances, he does, but its often when he has time to think what he's going to do, whereas when he has to react quickly, it seems almost instinctive.

Bloody hell what sterling have to do , scored title winning goals all season
No.Just not play on that left hand side.Pep is to blame not the player.But that shows how much we all know about football and thats why Pep has assembled a team that are currently run away leaders.
Still doesn`t make it right and Raheem is totally out of his depth on that side.Keep him on that right hand side where he causes far more problems for the opposition as his hand in last nights 3rd goal showed.

No.Just not play on that left hand side.Pep is to blame not the player.But that shows how much we all know about football and thats why Pep has assembled a team that are currently run away leaders.
Still doesn`t make it right and Raheem is totally out of his depth on that side.Keep him on that right hand side where he causes far more problems for the opposition as his hand in last nights 3rd goal showed.

What doesn't make it right. He's played on the left 4 times in the league this season. Including yesterday's game he played against bournemouth early in the season which he was admittedly poor but the other two games he's played there against newcastle and swansea away he played well in both games scoring the winner in one and setting up a goal in the other. For someone who's completely useless on the left that's not bad is it. Look its clear he's much more effective player on the right there's no question about that, but to make out he's some donkey when he plays on the left like some are making on here is hyperbole. He can more than do a job on the left he just had an off day yesterday that was all it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.