Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What doesn't make it right. He's played on the left 4 times in the league this season. Including yesterday's game he played against bournemouth early in the season which he was admittedly poor but the other two games he's played there against newcastle and swansea away he played well in both games scoring the winner in one and setting up a goal in the other. For someone who's completely useless on the left that's not bad is it. Look its clear he's much more effective player on the right there's no question about that, but to make out he's some donkey when he plays on the left like some are making on here is hyperbole. He can more than do a job on the left he just had an off day yesterday that was all it was.
No its not hyberpole ... its a fact.He is virtually non effective on that left hand side and as I`ve said before I am a very big fan of his.He doesn`t look comfortable, loses a ball more times than not and is like a fish out of water.
Stick him on the right and he`s the complete opposite,confident,relaxed and at times a bloody world beater.

No its not hyberpole ... its a fact.He is virtually non effective on that left hand side and as I`ve said before I am a very big fan of his.He doesn`t look comfortable, loses a ball more times than not and is like a fish out of water.
Stick him on the right and he`s the complete opposite,confident,relaxed and at times a bloody world beater.
No you're talking bullshit. He loses the ball more on the left might be right but that he's not effective is just wrong. Scored our only goal against Newcastle on the left. He played on the left when he scored the late winner against Southampton and should've scored yesterday but for a poor finish playing on the left.
According to WhoScored he's started 6 games in the CL and PL on the left. In those six games hes scored 5 goals and assisted 3. That Sterling doesnt play well on the left is more of a myth than a fact. Yes he might take more people on and loses less possession when playing on the right wing. But he's more productive from the left.

No you're talking bullshit. He loses the ball more on the left might be right but that he's not effective is just wrong. Scored our only goal against Newcastle on the left. He played on the left when he scored the late winner against Southampton and should've scored yesterday but for a poor finish playing on the left.
According to WhoScored he's started 6 games in the CL and PL on the left. In those six games hes scored 5 goals and assisted 3. That Sterling doesnt play well on the left is more of a myth than a fact. Yes he might take more people on and loses less possession when playing on the right wing. But he's more productive from the left.
Were you at last nights game ??

The shit this poor kid gets off some of our so called fans is a joke, heard some prick in the next block to me shout "Come on Sterling u shithouse do something". Think we could do without fans like that.

The shit this poor kid gets off some of our so called fans is a joke, heard some prick in the next block to me shout "Come on Sterling u shithouse do something". Think we could do without fans like that.
Think we could do without people like that.

What tier do you sit in? A discreet push might be in order.

No I wasn't but don't really know how relevant that is to my post. Only thing I stated about the game is that he should've scored from the left when he got his golden opportunity.
I asked the question only because if you were, you would have actually seen how piss poor he was.OK he had the odd run but his delivery and thinking were very poor.
If you look back at what I`ve previously said,I don`t blame him, I blame Pep, for playing him out of position.
I understand that due to the injury of Sane we need someone to hog the left hand touchline and in my opinion we already have a player who could come in and do a job ... given the chance ... Diaz,a true left footer.
As soon as Raheem changed flanks he was back to his best.

I asked the question only because if you were, you would have actually seen how piss poor he was.OK he had the odd run but his delivery and thinking were very poor.
If you look back at what I`ve previously said,I don`t blame him, I blame Pep, for playing him out of position.
I understand that due to the injury of Sane we need someone to hog the left hand touchline and in my opinion we already have a player who could come in and do a job ... given the chance ... Diaz,a true left footer.

I'm with you, Oakie. Sterling is more effective on the right.

And I'm not saying he was good on the left last game or that his general level is the same when playing on the left compared to the right. What I do say is that he's actually more productive in terms of goals and assists playing on the left. He assisted one goal and should've scored another when playing there against WBA. I watched him live (that apparently gives my opinion more weight) when he scored that great goal against Southampton from the left wing. He might not look as good on the left but the fact is that he's producing more goals and more assists from there. So obviously he's not out of his depth and useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.