Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah just like the winner against Southampton eh?

It's madness taking a player who's full of confidence playing on the right and playing him on the left where he's not even half as effective. He didn't even switch the wingers around like he normally does.

One good goal doesn’t prove that he has good technique.

He'll miss some shockers and he'll score some crucial goals, but he'll keep getting in those positions and we are better for it.

It was obviously a shocking miss, but he has plenty of credit in the bank after all those injury time winners.

Can you give me an argument for why he's useless, out of his depth and poor on the left wing then? Because I've said tons of times that he's actually scoring and assisting more goals from there and as far as I know goals are pretty important.

For all his improvement as a team player, he still isn’t good enough or ruthless enough in my opinion. He might have bagged more than he usually does this season, but the sitters he contrives to miss must do Pep’s head in. When he doesn’t have time to think he’ll often tuck it away, but when he’s put clean through now and I see it’s him, I don’t even bother to get up out of my seat cos I know he’s gonna trip over his own feet, let it go under his foot, take a heavy touch, hesitate and let the defender get back and rob him (delete as appropriate). He was shocking today and I would have thought every time he dribbled straight into the defender directly in front of him or put a pass under the feet of an overlapping colleague, was evidence enough that he’s far better down the right. The miss cost us the game and it’s the umpteenth time in his City career that he’s tried to knock a cross in and it’s come off his heel or his studs. He’s done a great overall job for us this season, but he has flaws that I don’t think any amount of coaching would cure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.