Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither does one bad miss.

Its not one bad miss, his technique when shooting is clearly poor regardless of what distance its from. He has good movement to get into positions to score but really his conversion % is poor and he will never be more than a solid player unless he improves on that. Its fine always saying I need to score more goals but you need to score all your easy chances for one to get there.

For all his improvement as a team player, he still isn’t good enough or ruthless enough in my opinion. He might have bagged more than he usually does this season, but the sitters he contrives to miss must do Pep’s head in. When he doesn’t have time to think he’ll often tuck it away, but when he’s put clean through now and I see it’s him, I don’t even bother to get up out of my seat cos I know he’s gonna trip over his own feet, let it go under his foot, take a heavy touch, hesitate and let the defender get back and rob him (delete as appropriate). He was shocking today and I would have thought every time he dribbled straight into the defender directly in front of him or put an pass under the feet of an overlapping colleague, was evidence enough that he’s far better down the right. The miss cost us the game and it’s the umpteenth time in his City career that he’s tried to knock a cross in and it’s come off his heel or his studs. He’s done a great overall job for us this season, but he has flaws that I don’t think any amount of coaching would cure
Yeah fair enough. I disagree but at least you had some good arguments. I didn't see the match today as I had my own football match and his miss was obviously awful. Was he bad apart from that or was is just the miss that made it seem he had a shocking game?

Its not one bad miss, his technique when shooting is clearly poor regardless of what distance its from. He has good movement to get into positions to score but really his conversion % is poor and he will never be more than a solid player unless he improves on that. Its fine always saying I need to score more goals but you need to score all your easy chances for one to get there.

His conversion rate isn’t poor at all. It’s the highest in the squad, and higher than the likes of Kane, Salah and Morata.

Why is it that whenever he plays slightly below par I read people saying "not good enough" or he'll never be this or that and forget the huge contribution he has made to us this season? Even the best players have off days and miss chances but whenever Raheem does even some of his own fans seem very eager to write him off.

His poor performance today was mainly due to him being out of position (I think It's universally accepted on this forum that he's better on the right). I've seen him score much harder chances with both feet which suggests to me that it was about lack of confidence which came from the fact he wasn't playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.