Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the first time a putative tap in has come off his studs or his heel......
That’s mental focus, not technique, though. I’ve seen time and again with some of the most technically gift players I have coached.

The best players in the world are not those with simply the best technique, they are the ones with amazing technical ability paired with the consistent mental aptitude to use it.

I think he is working toward it, as he is still fairly young, so I am not personally that worried, especially as it was one mistake.

Regardless, we wouldn’t be where we are this season without his heroics, so criticising him heavily for this is very shortsighted, “what’ve you done for me lately” thinking in my opinion.

Yeah fair enough. I disagree but at least you had some good arguments. I didn't see the match today as I had my own football match and his miss was obviously awful. Was he bad apart from that or was is just the miss that made it seem he had a shocking game?

Poor overall mate. Poor decision making really. Trying short passes that weren’t really on, dribbling straight into the first defender, not capitalising on any number of one on one situations with the full back. To his credit he kept trying, but it wasn’t his finest hour even without the miss

Raheem did well,one bad miss doesn't equal a poor game,i personally think he should of been kept on,because we got slightly over run on the left when he went off.and I fancied him to make amends for that miss.

still 16 points clear,2nd have to win just to get it to 13 points with 12 games left.

His worst game this season but I am cutting Raz a lot of slack as like the rest of our attacking players are feeling it.

I think focus and awareness are two of his major weaknesses,he quite often switches off or isn't fully in tune with what is happening around him.

He needs to keep his head up and he needs to find more consistency and application,only then will he realise his potential.

He had a poor game, it happens. It was a costly mistake, but like Kyle Walker, both have been brilliant all season getting us to the point where we CAN make mistakes like this without damaging our title hopes.

Forget about today Raheem and keep on

poor lad looked gutted. He is a confidence player and will need some support from Pep and his colleagues to pick himself up from that. The ball was spinning a great deal. Think his contact was towards the top of his foot rather than a solid side foot which would have killed the spin. These things happen.

One of those games and a once in a lifetime miss.

Forget it Raz lad, most of us already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.