Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistency like 3 goals in 4 games?
It's not just the goals. Whenever he gets the ball the opposition are backing off and being pulled all over the park. The way he drives through the gaps has him grouped up on leaving space for others. His movement is top notch for a player of his age.
Yes, he loses the ball, misplaces passes and sometimes makes the wrong choice but there's not a player on the planet who doesn't do the same.
We are lucky to have him and if you ask Pep or his teammates they will say the same.

Nah it's cool. You're the same guy who slagged John Stones off none stop as well. How's he playing lately? I'd say my judgement is a tad more spot on than yours.
If you want to try and look smart, at least do your homework. Go back at my recent posts on JS. As for your judgement, it is only your opinion.

I can see both sides to the discussion. Certainly has talent and can manfacture space really well for himself. However, just doesn't seem to have the intelligence or final ball to really be on the same wavelength as our other attackers. He turns 23 this year so I'm hoping his game can really come together.

If you want to try and look smart, at least do your homework. Go back at my recent posts on JS. As for your judgement, it is only your opinion.

d7d

No, it is not old at all. How many years in the PL has he played?

Why does that matter?

You seem to have some notion that how long you've played matters. Maybe if we introduce players to the league at 12, they'll be world beaters by 18?

I can see both sides to the discussion. Certainly has talent and can manfacture space really well for himself. However, just doesn't seem to have the intelligence or final ball to really be on the same wavelength as our other attackers. He turns 23 this year so I'm hoping his game can really come together.

If you think he lacks intelligence you can't be watching, and just regurgitating andy townsend/paul Merson bollocks.

His intelligence, his awareness of space, the runs he makes, the positions he takes up are his best qualities and the reasons he starts over Sané.

For some reason a black english winger always get dubbed unintelligent or "lacking a football brain", it could not be further from the truth with Sterling. Hence why a coach famous for only working with intelligent players absolutely loves him.

Why does that matter?

You seem to have some notion that how long you've played matters. Maybe if we introduce players to the league at 12, they'll be world beaters by 18?

He is well and truly PL mature irrespective of his tender years. All I am saying is that he is still too inconsistent for me having played at the top level for many years. We differ in our opinions - that's fine - would be boring if we all agreed about everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.