Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think he lacks intelligence you can't be watching, and just regurgitating andy townsend/paul Merson bollocks.

His intelligence, his awareness of space, the runs he makes, the positions he takes up are his best qualities and the reasons he starts over Sané.
love domalino,he loves a verbal scrap but i can never disagree with his thinking :)

He is well and truly PL mature irrespective of his tender years. All I am saying is that he is still too inconsistent for me having played at the top level for many years. We differ in our opinions - that's fine - would be boring if we all agreed about everything :)

SO if he started at 15 he'd be done developing by 20?

If someone made their debut at 35 they'd be a promising prospect at 37?

You should take this ingenious line of thinking to some football scouts and hit the jackpot.

Or we could be sensible and just accept he's still very young at 22 and still has a lot of room to improve and mature both on and off the pitch...

SO if he started at 15 he'd be done developing by 20?

If someone made their debut at 35 they'd be a promising prospect at 37?

You should take this ingenious line of thinking to some football scouts and hit the jackpot.

Give it a rest mate - you know full well what I am saying. he has played top flight for many years.

Anyway, as I say, we differ in opinions which is all they are. As long as we keep playing the way we do and keep winning - all good in Mossside

If you think he lacks intelligence you can't be watching, and just regurgitating andy townsend/paul Merson bollocks.

His intelligence, his awareness of space, the runs he makes, the positions he takes up are his best qualities and the reasons he starts over Sané.

For some reason a black english winger always get dubbed unintelligent or "lacking a football brain", it could not be further from the truth with Sterling. Hence why a coach famous for only working with intelligent players absolutely loves him.

As a proud black man, I find this highly offensive....

For some reason a black english winger always get dubbed unintelligent or "lacking a football brain", it could not be further from the truth with Sterling. Hence why a coach famous for only working with intelligent players absolutely loves him.

I'm not saying he isn't intelligent, just isn't as intelligent as the players around him. He tends to pick the wrong options far too often and that's not due to a lack of ability. You can potentially put that down to age but, like I said, he's reaching that age when he should be putting it all together. I don't really understand the need to make it seem like a racial issue.

I'm not saying he isn't intelligent, just isn't as intelligent as the players around him. He tends to pick the wrong options far too often and that's not due to a lack of ability. You can potentially put that down to age but, like I said, he's reaching that age when he should be putting it all together. I don't really understand the need to make it seem like a racial issue.

Although I agree that his final ball can let him down at times, this wasn't the game where you could point to that. I can pick out 10 instances in the match where he picked out a final pass into a dangerous area.

I just find it particularly annoying when people try to say he lacks intelligence and find it incredibly coincidental that it's a criticism that seems to come from player like Walcott and Zaha, and transplanted onto Sterling. It's lazy and it happens a lot from shitty pundits and then gets hoovered up by fans.

I thought he was great today, caused havoc with his runs, pulling defenders all over, made a bunch of chances, could have had another goal or two and showed exactly what we want from him when he demanded to take the penalty he won and smashed it in. So to see people actually criticising him after hat game is baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.