Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

This is simple, Sterling didn’t get what he wanted, the way he wanted. So off he went.

No player gets to determine how a club employs them, unless they sit at the Messi table.

If the club saw Sterling the same way he saw himself, then they would have given him what he thought he deserved, in terms of a new contract and playing time promises.

But City didn’t see it the same way, and as soon as the writing was on the wall, then team selection and playing is focussed on those putting in the performances and committed to the club.

Thanks for your service Raheem, but don’t fuck up what good will you have remaining with the City supporters.

And we still haven`t even played Chelsea yet. There was reasons why he didn`t get voted in the "5-man team council" anymore. He put his own ambitions over team success/chemistry. Nothing wrong with this as long as you can justify it on the pitch. But the last two years Mahrez,Foden,Jesus were better than him. You can even make the case that pep gave him too much game time.

We have/had player like KDB,Ilkay,Bernardo,Kun,D.Silva,Cancelo,Foden,Jesus etc & it seems Sterling has the biggest ego of all. Unreal.

Raheem is just letting off steam. Telling his side of the story. If you want to listen to it? As far as I can see (read), Raherm hasn't slagged club off. Yes, the media are using his words, but they are twisting his words and creating sensational headlines and stories out of those words. That is what they do. That is why they are c*nts, and will always be c*nts.

The suggestion that he wasn't treated fairly ( presumably his reflection upon not being selected ), however hard he may have tried , in his opinion.

It was as if Pep hadn't given him a number of chances when his form was poor, when in fact it could be argued that Pep actually gave him chances which were not merited.

Imo Sterling would be better to get on with the job in hand and trying to prove his worth to Chelsea .

I think he will have caused offence to a number of City fans which is a shame considering what he achieved whilst at the club.

I'm not interested in a spat, but you gave me your opinion, which I agree many will share.
What I asked for were the "words" which upset you. A quote , not an interpretation.
But let's leave it , the citizens have decided.

“Sterling left fuming by City exit”.
BBC Football website headline.
Er no, he was quite pleased to go by the sound of it.

Yep

for me both city and sterling are on different levels

sterling is a great player, but has that glaring standout thing of missing the impossible tap ins at very big moments in the game, and it drives any manager crazy, the amount of work this city team have to put in because of missed opportunities was daft, pep wants to kill the game as quickly has we can, but sterling and Jesus and others they have a turn-off button, you have to be 100% focused all the time and take a better percentage of your chances it's that simple,

with a club like city, you know if you are not up to the levels pep wants, then somebody will take your place, or we sign a better player, Haaland was brought in just for that thing, he's on another level and well above sterling and Jesus so again Manchester city and pep are 1000% spot on in moving them out

Raheem is just letting off steam. Telling his side of the story. If you want to listen to it? As far as I can see (read), Raherm hasn't slagged club off. Yes, the media are using his words, but they are twisting his words and creating sensational headlines and stories out of those words. That is what they do. That is why they are c*nts, and will always be c*nts.

Yes and our fans now want to believe the media , bit hypocritical but I guess that is football -(

Twisting maybe but he still said it and probably made it clear when planning for the interview that he wanted to be asked about it and would say as much.
Clearly bitter and resentful. Most city fans think thats delusional and egotistical.
Get it off your chest once but if this repeats hes lost any respect he had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.