Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I agree, I'm the same but I find the posts slating Sterling strange compared to the love in for Zinchenko and Jesus.
They are more likeable as people tbh so are much easier to warm to. They are also technically superior to Raheem. Sterling's strengths lie elsewhere.

Zinc and Gabby didn't drop as many head in hands clangers either. Sterling's stats will always look good in the history books. As time goes by his very poor last few seasons will be largely forgotten.

I agree, I'm the same but I find the posts slating Sterling strange compared to the love in for Zinchenko and Jesus.
If you had been sat where I was in the game the Rags won at the Etihad from 2 down at half time, you wouldn’t find it strange.

He had at least 3 clear cut chances and bottled them all.

There I was hoping he’d break his duck against United. He wouldn’t have scored if he’d was still playing now.

As others have alluded to, with Zin you felt you got more than was expected, with Jesus you got what was expected which was everything he had, but with Sterling there were too many times when he delivered less than he was capable of.

Sterling had totally lost it when he left. His skills and contribution to the team and attitude had totally dried up. The amount of times he missed gilt edged chances and failed to play simple passes and failed to go past opponents were too numerous to mention.

You cannot say the same about Zinchenko and Jesus.

To me he eas an OK player but nowhere near Yaya, David, Vinny, Zabba, Sergio... even Carlos.... all IMHO.

Sterling had totally lost it when he left. His skills and contribution to the team and attitude had totally dried up. The amount of times he missed gilt edged chances and failed to play simple passes and failed to go past opponents were too numerous to mention.

You cannot say the same about Zinchenko and Jesus.

To me he eas an OK player but nowhere near Yaya, David, Vinny, Zabba, Sergio... even Carlos.... all IMHO.
Agree but neither are Jesus and Zinchenko.

A good player but nowhere near one of our best players of all time.
There are probably at least 5 that have played alongside him that were better, never mind the Bells, Lees, Summerbees etc.
Nail on head

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.