Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I, for one was disappointed when he decided to leave us. No, you wouldn’t put your mortgage on Sterling if he was one on one with the opposition goalkeeper but he never shirked his responsibility even though it didn’t always come off. It’s a shame if some of the Chelsea supporters are already getting on his back.

Sterling was a regular starter when he was18-19 y.o. and peaked at 24-25 y.o. He scored 31 goals back in 19/20 without taking pens. He's declined since then. These days he can't run at players and is a bit timid. Made a mistake by choosing to leave City. We were probably happy that he made that choice, though.

It amazes me nobody seems to question his place in the England team. The debate always seems to be around Saka, Foden & Mount. Meanwhile Sterling just gets picked and puts in mediocre performances and rarely criticised by the mass media.
He’s been one of England’s best two players for the best part of 4 years now, bar the odd few games run where majority of the team have been poor, including him.

Southgate is never going to let that knock him out of the team when he’s known for his ‘favourites’. I mean, look at Maguire!

It amazes me nobody seems to question his place in the England team. The debate always seems to be around Saka, Foden & Mount. Meanwhile Sterling just gets picked and puts in mediocre performances and rarely criticised by the mass media.
Tbf to him he’s a lot better for England, for some reason.

He’d be shit in the prem for months and then would be England’s best player.

Anyway, glad he’s stinking the place out at Chelsea after his arrogant little interview.

This season is turning into a belter for many reasons.

I always supported Raheem when he was here, because I felt he'd been outrageously treated not only by the scousers, but by every other crowd in the country. Which left me nonplussed. And I was not particularly offended by his interview, frankly. Life's just too short. He wanted game time. He got it.
Very reluctantly, I am being forced to see that he was made to look quite a lot better than he actually is as a footballer by our superb midfield. He hasn't scored since August for Chelsea, apparently, barely had touches on the ball yesterday and gave it away more than any other player. After a brief honeymoon, Chelsea fans are starting to get on his case.
Ah well, Raz. At least you got some medals.

I think there was still a role for him here, a rotational option with the chance to start if he was in good form. I think so far we definitely could have used a player like him as we're short in the forward positions.

I know he's on a higher salary but for his own legacy, trophy cabinet etc...I think he made the wrong choice to go.

City did brilliantly to get £50m for him, basically our money back after years of great service.

I don't know why Potter is insisting on playing him at left wing back, it's not working. I actually didn't think he was terrible yesterday, he made a couple of key passes which other attackers fucked up.

No,nothing like,the opposite applies,if anything,where Jack is concerned.

Secondly,everyone was behind Sterling when he signed for us.

There are one or two posters on here - who do nothing but criticise Jack - some of his performances have been poor (granted) but nothing to fuel the hate from some posters on here.

There are one or two posters on here - who do nothing but criticise Jack - some of his performances have been poor (granted) but nothing to fuel the hate from some posters on here.

I thought he was good yesterday. It's the £100 million price tag, of course. Neither he, nor anyone else, could possibly live up to it. We should just forget about it and take him for what he is. (But I've just reminded everybody about it… ;-) )

Reactions: nmc
I, for one was disappointed when he decided to leave us. No, you wouldn’t put your mortgage on Sterling if he was one on one with the opposition goalkeeper but he never shirked his responsibility even though it didn’t always come off. It’s a shame if some of the Chelsea supporters are already getting on his back.
It’s got shades of the SWP transfer. The grass is not always greener and I expect he regrets it already . Playing wing back won’t help his World Cup chances

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.