Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

As i have said all along......he never had an affinity here and on occasion it showed.
I'll be amazed if he ever becomes a 'City pundit' because we were just an opportunity and cash cow for him.

Im sure some of you will carry on kidding yourselves otherwise though.

I'd say that the fans never really loved him either tbh - so it goes both ways.

I've been at games where he copped shitloads of abuse.

I had a dream last night he scored all seven goals in a chelsea friendly. I wasn't terribly fussed. It seemed reasonable, and there were a lot more important things to worry about.

Also, remember when Sergio signed for Barca and said he was excited to make a step forward in his career, and join the best club in the world?

Remember when Leeds native and lifelong Leeds fan Kalvin Phillips said joining Man City was a dream come true?

These are soundbites for the clubs as PR, its never that deep.

Can you imagine Silva doing that? Or Zabaleta if a City fan was amongst West Ham fans after he left? Or Vinnie doing that over in Belgium when he was managing there? Or Sergio refusing a City shirt in Barcelona? Not a chance would they do that. Because they’re City legends and Sterling isn’t anywhere close. At least this puts that argument to bed. There’s an important distinction between being a legend and being a very good player.
said it many times before. had to fend off so may declaring him a legend when he has done nothing legend like at city. this further proves the point.

said it many times before. had to fend off so may declaring him a legend when he has done nothing legend like at city. this further proves the point.
Wherever you like him or not he has played a huge part in the most successful period in our history.
You can tell us all the reasons you don’t think it merits legend status but if we are just judging on what he’s achieved on the pitch then I’d say he deserves his place in the top tier of players even if he fell away towards the end.

I was about to say something similar. Maybe it's just me but I didn't feel like David connected with the fans any more than Sterling did. Sergio yes, Vinny yes, Zabba yes, Ferna yes but Silva not particularly.

I think the reason most fans probably see Silva as a legend and not Sterling is because he was part of that first title winning side under Mancini, he stayed for 10 years when he could've easily gone to one of the Spanish giants whereas Sterling has played for two of our domestic rivals, and he was simply a far better footballer, one of the best we've ever had in fact.
not true silva might have been quiet but he showed appreciation to the club and fans at every possible moment. not even comparable to sterling who was most often alloof

Wherever you like him or not he has played a huge part in the most successful period in our history.
You can tell us all the reasons you don’t think it merits legend status but if we are just judging on what he’s achieved on the pitch then I’d say he deserves his place in the top tier of players even if he fell away towards the end.
no sterling was never in the top tier. he is in a tier below all the best players this club had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.