Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Had plenty of chances mate, i loved you as a player, i loved what you represented, i loved your goofy run.

But, this business is about results. There is probably a short fuse on pep and the management team to how many time you can fuck a chance in very serious games. ( Lyon ... )

You were also selected in the UCL final despite being as good as Rashford the entire season. You played "brilliantly", like the rest of them, i am not excusing them. I watched the game the night before my wedding. Kind of a heartbreaker if you ask me.

You were given over 3000 minutes last year, more than Jesus which by the way, contributed more than you in very big games. He also ran his socks off, pressed, and cared more than any player I have seen in a while.

To come out and say, something changed, ... well yeah. Your output did. Simple as. Good luck, but a proper footballer would have stayed here until you exhausted all avenues, fight, become a legend, run and work your socks off, become a Senior, for a club that really made you from a running joke to a PL Top Scorer.

Remember Pep's signalling to his head when asked last season what changed with Raheem that he scoring again.

Some are gravy, some are meat, and some are peas. ;)

Brilliant on his day but those days became less frequent and the competition at city means we don't carry passengers. We'll miss his pace but he was too inconsistent to be guaranteed a starting spot every week. He'll do very well at Chelsea for the first half of the season, let's see how he performs over 30 or 40 games for them, he may find himself in a similar position. Let's be honest, he just wanted a big payday which is fine.

The man peaked 3-4 years ago and gave 2/10 performances ever since. Why is he making out that he should have been undroppable.

"Me, the manager and the people at @ManCity know exactly what the reasons were…”

The sort of cryptic shite that will wind up city fans, what could he mean by this?

Always knew he wouldn't leave gracefully like Zinny & Jesus.

"Me, the manager and the people at @ManCity know exactly what the reasons were…”

The sort of cryptic shite that will wind up city fans, what could he mean by this?

The reasons that he stated previous to your selective quote. Are you one of those who are just looking for a reason to pile further hate on him?

He wanted to be top man after playing worse than Nathan Redmond for two years. Off you go son.

After being almost undroppbale for two years player loses game time over following two seasons

Player wants more time/starts and backs his own ability to contribute in biggest games

Manager understandably refuses to commit to promise of game time/starts in biggest games - he has a lots of players in these attacking positions

Player asks for move to help him get the game time and prominence he wants

Club allows move and gets excellent money for player with only one year on contract after 7 years excellent service.

That's it; everything else is in peoples' heads.

He`s still dissapointed with Pep & himself. His entitlement of promised game time overall & in big games shows his insecurity. Hopefully he doesn`t become one of these players who shit on Pep if the opportunity arise (Ibra, Eto`o).

Brilliant on his day but those days became less frequent and the competition at city means we don't carry passengers. We'll miss his pace but he was too inconsistent to be guaranteed a starting spot every week. He'll do very well at Chelsea for the first half of the season, let's see how he performs over 30 or 40 games for them, he may find himself in a similar position. Let's be honest, he just wanted a big payday which is fine.
Agreed. Sterling was excellent for City but he peaked two years ago. To be successful you have to keep evolving as a team and the club has made the right decision. The thing we will miss the most will be his incredible workrate and his tracking back. I have always had respect for Raheem. He reminds me of Kevin Keegan as a player. He wasn't blessed with the best technical skills but no one worked harder and because of that he had an incredible career. I wish him well at Chelsea and think he will do well for them as long as they play him as a winger not a striker.

Wasn’t it not about him but he was sticking up for another player game time and saying why is this player keep getting picked and not this one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.