Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

I wasn’t trying to diss him. He‘s been an important cog in our machine.

KDB is just as single minded and aloof, yet manages to talk about teamwork and do a few “awkward” videos to go up on our website.

No I understand that totally.

I thought him not joining in with the title parade was a bit off even if he was leaving. He's a hard person to warm to. Even though the majority of fans sang his name and got behind him he rarely seemed to respond in kind.

OH, Raz, Raz, Raz, you've let yourself down lad. You know the City fans, we will always sing 'Once a Blue' to our 'old' players except when they say anything negative about us or our club. You know the media will spin anything to do City down. You've disappointed me Raz, but I will still shout 'Once a Blue' for you but without the enthusiasm I would have done. :-( :-)
With respect, disagree with your take on the interview. Move away from the attention grabbing media headline and putting it into context he simply wants to be in a starting 11. Not guaranteed with us so he’s gone somewhere he thinks will give him that. Nothing wrong with that and we got a good deal - as he did - so a good deal for all.

We got great service from him, he’s moved on and has done what he thinks is right for his career and life at this stage as we all think about with our own jobs. Don’t forget he also said he lived the dream at City.

Media will welcome any opportunity to highlight " a reaction from Stering " against City so expect plenty more if Sterling starts producing at Chelsea, but it is time to move on for both the player and City.

He wasn't guaranteed a first team place because his form did not justify it, and getting money from Chelsea was the right decision.

I do not believe that his move will seriously damage our future progress.

With respect, disagree with your take on the interview. Move away from the attention grabbing media headline and putting it into context he simply wants to be in a starting 11. Not guaranteed with us so he’s gone somewhere he thinks will give him that. Nothing wrong with that and we got a good deal - as he did - so a good deal for all.

We got great service from him, he’s moved on and has done what he thinks is right for his career and life at this stage as we all think about with our own jobs. Don’t forget he also said he lived the dream at City.

Most of my posts are tongue in cheek and that one definitely was. I’m not an overly serious person when it comes to it, apart from John Boy, ;-)
I realised that whatever Raz said would be added to and exaggerated, rather as someone else posted, him being an England International so I was just being ‘daft’. Sorry. :-)

No I understand that totally.

I thought him not joining in with the title parade was a bit off even if he was leaving. He's a hard person to warm to. Even though the majority of fans sang his name and got behind him he rarely seemed to respond in kind.
Hope when he comes back, we give him a strong rendition of “Raheem Sterling, he’s fourth in the league”.

It says all we need to say, whilst using the chant he obviously loved as he sang it one of his vidoeos.

Nothing wrong with what he said , the players careers are short , he wants to play so moved to challenge and freshen up his career , would you rather he took the money and was happy not playing ? The haters would have loved that , jumping on clickbait makes them feel warm inside

He got his move , we got a good deal , once a blue ..

After being almost undroppbale for two years player loses game time over following two seasons

Player wants more time/starts and backs his own ability to contribute in biggest games

Manager understandably refuses to commit to promise of game time/starts in biggest games - he has a lots of players in these attacking positions

Player asks for move to help him get the game time and prominence he wants

Club allows move and gets excellent money for player with only one year on contract after 7 years excellent service.

That's it; everything else is in peoples' heads.
He wanted more than two seasons to improve/get back his form before he got dropped occasionally ? Fuck me he could have been our very own Stanley Matthews.

We got our money back for him.
Excellent business.
It was okay business.

If we were looking to buy a player who was the top scorer over the last seven years at, say, Bayern or Madrid, who had eight years CL experience, was an experienced international and was bang at a prime age… we’d be looking at paying about £110m, maybe £90m with him being in the last year in his contract.

We sold him to Chelsea for £50m when they’ve just signed a player who’s only ever played for Eibar, Getafe and Brighton, who’s barely got any Prem experience, has no CL or international experience, and is a few years away from his prime for £62m.

It was okay business.

If we were looking to buy a player who was the top scorer over the last seven years at, say, Bayern or Madrid, who had eight years CL experience, was an experienced international and was bang at a prime age… we’d be looking at paying about £110m, maybe £90m with him being in the last year in his contract.
We also got 7 years service from him, I'd say that is better than "okay".

He was never my favourite player, had his (many) good moments, but in the end his form had dipped, and he wasn't a regular, everyone got a good deal out of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.