Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

Gravy and Mushy Peas for those chips on your shoulder Raheem?

His performances did not warrant a guaranteed place end of. He got every opportunity ( even a place in a CL final which his form never deserved) His responses to being rested when he was out of form were at best a mixed bag. (with a dollop of missed sitters) He was a very good signing and we got our value but doubt he warranted a training pitch being named after him.
He did great things which I’ll appreciate and I’ll never boo or slag him off but I won’t shed a tear over him neither.

Pretty sure many of us have missed and sacrificed kids birthdays due to work commitments and we don’t earn 200k + a week so that was a cheap shot. He seems kind of convinced that the kids would want the miserable git at their party anyway. Footie player completely detached from reality again.

Yep. I don’t want us to be giving Sterling shit when he comes back to play against us, but he’s said more than Milner ever did and Milner gets (undeserved in my book, I think we only boo him begsuse Liverpool boo’d Sterling) boo’d by us.

Big difference would be that Raz almost certainly wanted to stay but couldn't get the terms etc he wanted; whereas Milner was always going but wouldn't admit it.

'Sterling left 'fuming and raging' by Man City exit'

Maybe if he didn't stink the place out and actually looked like he wanted to be here things might have been different.
Fuming and raging? Yes, missing open goals and dithering on the ball probably describes how we felt with him.
Loved Raz but this is where it will turn sour between us and him now.

Yep. I don’t want us to be giving Sterling shit when he comes back to play against us, but he’s said more than Milner ever did and Milner gets boo’d by us (undeserved in my book n’all, Milner has never said or done anything to deserve getting the reception he does from our fans… I think we only boo him begsuse Liverpool boo’d Sterling)
I’d be really disappointed if anyone gave him any shit upon his return. He doesn’t deserve that. It is however time he stopped talking, regardless of who has a mic shoved in his face.

Am I misremembering something or Sterling did get quite of few chances in the last two years when he failed to make any use of it.

He says I didn’t feel valued. Ain’t starting a player in the CL final the ultimate form of respect and value a manager can provide and he didn’t perform.

I couldn’t really cozy up with Sterling as I did with Sane or Jesus or Zinc and his every interview kind of proves me right.

And if I am being petty while Sterling refused to sign a City jersey after his transfer, Zinc not only signed a city jersey during Arsenal pre season he even put the same on his Instagram story.

Big difference would be that Raz almost certainly wanted to stay but couldn't get the terms etc he wanted; whereas Milner was always going but wouldn't admit it.
For all we know Txiki knew Milner’s intentions and was fine with it. Also we didn’t boo Milner at first, he got a good applause off us on his first return so it seemed nobody had a problem with the way he left us…

It was only after his celebration when he scored against us with like a weird lasso action he did that got everyone’s back up because he didn’t celebrate scoring against Villa when he played for us, and then when he came out and said the Liverpool team spirit is the best he’s ever been part of a section of our support were so sensitive about that it made them hate him.

The next time he came to play against us he got a mixed bag of claps and boos. Then he started mainly getting boos as it caught on more. Bollocks from our fans in my opinion, he doesn’t deserve the boos he gets.

His head had gone for a couple of seasons. He did have the ability to finish clinically in his career but we saw less and less of it. Once the winner had gone in against Villa, and Gundy ran over to the East stand, Raz was the first one to him as he tried to get up and grabbed his head and spoke to him. Everyone around is loosing it and he had to make a comment about the two of them not starting.
He kept his mouth shut when he left the dippers to a certain extent but now saying some unnecessary stuff.

He needs to look in the mirror and ask himself, what he was doing during games that justified more starts. He's 27 and at his peak and we have 21/22 year olds more consistent. He could only play in some of Peps formations - not all of them. He will start at Chelsea - but only until they get more strikers in, then he will be rotated.

Am I misremembering something or Sterling did get quite of few chances in the last two years when he failed to make any use of it.

He says I didn’t feel valued. Ain’t starting a player in the CL final the ultimate form of respect and value a manager can provide and he didn’t perform.

I couldn’t really cozy up with Sterling as I did with Sane or Jesus or Zinc and his every interview kind of proves me right.

And if I am being petty while Sterling refused to sign a City jersey after his transfer, Zinc not only signed a city jersey during Arsenal pre season he even put the same on his Instagram story.
I think with Sterling it’s a case of football is his job. There was an ex arsenal player who’s name escapes me who literally loathed the game, it just turns out he was good at it. I get the same feeling from Sterling and when he retires he will walk away from it completely. No connection to anything but his trade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.