Raheem Sterling | Arsenal Player (on loan)

He’s well out of order, Pep never ever has called out players in public including Raz, disrespectful to pep and the club all this shit, no need for it whatsoever, I would never boo him but I sure as hell have lost all respect for him, and will be pleased if he doesn’t win any more trophies.

Sterling has always been an enigma ... his stats ar City were incredible ... only Aguero hit the net more often under Pep, he won more pens than anyone in the league (more than Salah !), he was arguably one of the best players at the Euros, etc.

And yet, even in games where he did assist or score, we often all felt frustrated at the relatively easy chances he'd fluff time & again. Or the times he had too long to think & wasted the moment. Or simply needlessly ran into someone & lost the ball.

It makes you think that if he could actually finish half decently, he'd have the most goals in Europe / been challenging Lewandoski or Haaland.

But even when thinking about his poor finishing, there was a stat a year or so ago, which said that Sterling actually finished more of his chances than almost any other regular PL goalscorer - better, for eg, than Harry Kane.

And he also scored some beautiful curling long-range finishes, like that last-minute winner against Southampton a couple of seasons ago.

So genius ... or sub-standard & unreliable ? Or somehow both at the same time ?

I’d be really disappointed if anyone gave him any shit upon his return. He doesn’t deserve that. It is however time he stopped talking, regardless of who has a mic shoved in his face.
He definitely doesn’t deserve it and won’t be getting shit from me. But Milner gets shit and he’s said less than Sterling.

For all that he is a decent player, his comments are a bit deluded. He seems to think that repeatedly missing absolute sitters should translate into a guaranteed starting place and more money. The reason we win things is because of genuine competition for places, not the acceptance of mediocrity.

I won’t give him aggro when he returns but after watching part of the interview on SSN just now I won’t be singing ‘once a Blue’ for him I’m afraid.
I defended him and I felt for him when he wasn’t playing his best but all he needed to do was be more diplomatic in his interview. I did wonder when Pep said about presenting different faces whether he was referring to Raz especially when he said after Phil didn’t pass to Haaland that he’s not always been sure in the past that there would be someone there, or words to that effect.
Anyway Raz you’ve disappointed me laddie but we are still and always will be THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND IN ALL THE WORLD, with or without you!! Ta ra and have a good life we will manage quite well thanks. :-)

Meh, he obviously felt unhappy at the contract negotiations, hence why he never signed, that is all he has said, he doesn't dirrectly slag off Pep or the club, just that the situation got to him.

We offered, he rejected it, we sold him.

Nothing story and quite sad he went this route, but not worth the effort getting annoyed.

Though maybe we asked if he could not take a second touch when its and open goal and actually score the sitters and he saw his arse

Last edited:
Also if I remember correctly when there was a possibility of contract extension he asked to be par with KDB or so was the rumour.

After his performances for the last two years, 350k demand is just delusion.

Only KDB B silva and Haaland deserves that in our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.