Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturridge loyal?....only needs Arse and Spuds for the top five.

The transfer offer we put in needs to have a deadline on it, if the continue to fuck us about just leave them to it.

Sterlings getting loads of shit from fans & media and although he'll earn a fortune with us won't put a request in.

Walk away if not accepted and put in £30m bid on deadline day.
No offence mate but I find people offering advice to professional football people really quite funny

All I am saying is that the club must be seen to be more important than the individual. I don't know what the webster ruling is, but it sounds like another tool to reverse what I have just said i.e. make the player more important/powerful than the club. Which is ridiculous, Man City have existed for almost 7 times as long as Raheem Sterling has lived.

At the end of the day, leaving aside all this Bosman/Webster stuff, lets get down to basics: end product (as in goals) not many. End product - as in beating a man and getting in a good cross, ditto. Baggage ? Plenty e.g. Brenda called him the best young player in Europe (a typical teacher ploy to get a difficult student onside), but really he may just be another Rodwell/Sinclair/Johnson, flash in the pan type of disappointment. Or even worse, a Ravel Morrison, another kid who had the chance to have it all but blew it (probably 'cos he had it all too soon).

At the end of the day, someone has found the steel to say "you know what, Liverpool arn't that good and I want to move on" and the Liverpool empire cannot be seen to understand that anyone might do this. It really it pityful that in this day and age, Liverpool still believe they are better than anyone.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree. I understand the Milner situation, but at least he behaved with dignity and professionalism. I don't have anything against Raheem Sterling per se, but his agent, well that's another story.

I have a suggestion, but I know this would never happen. But in an ideal world it would, if only to show the agents and their trumped up players who is the boss and this is it:

To start lets summarise - Liverpool have a player with 2 years left on his contract, if they don't sell now his value plummets until eventually (thanks to Bosman), he becomes a free agent. So they need to sell, but that means the player has won - I think we all agree his current actions, especially refusing to go on the pre-season is wrong - and surely a breach of his contract.

City could do with him, although I for one am not sure he is the finished article, but he is English and he has potential.

BUT HE NEEDS TO BE TAKEN DOWN A PEG OR TWO.

This is what I would love to happen - City and Liverpool agree a deal BUT IT HAPPENS IN SECRET. We will have him in 2016 and they get something like 35 million NOW. BUT and this is the key thing: for the next 12 months HE STAYS AT LIVERPOOL, he trains with the youth team, maybe sits on the bench a few times, but never actually plays. Maybe that way he will learn some humility. Liverpool will have what they want (some money to buy a strike force) we get Raheem and possibly with a different attitude. Finally, players (especially this one who has got too big for his boots) may realise that football is a team sport, and some clubs have a long and cherished history, that should'nt be shat upon like he is doing. P.S. Im not a Liverpool fan! but if he gets his own way and the transfer happens now what will stop him (and his agent) doing to us, what he is doing to Liverpool in 3 or 4 years time?

The only thing needing to be brought down a peg or two is that whole club, especially that joke of a manager who has no man management skills whatsoever. The neat trick though, is that it is self fulfilling. Eventually, the media will wake up and smell the coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.