Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a seminal moment for Liverpool and their acolytes

No-one can ever pretend they are a big club now they are just a slight improvement on Southampton in that when any player gets to be any good they will be sold so watch out next year Coutinho will be next

I see some of the disciples are saying that Sterling has lost the PR war I couldnt disagree more. No matter how much shit has been spouted by Hammann, Carragher, Thompson, McAteer, Gerrard, Quinn, Beglin, Houghton, Aldridge et al it is still shit.

The majority of papers tow the Liverpool party line just because the force of the click is strong with the worshippers and anything that makes them feel good about their fallen idol but scratch behind the veneer and you can smell the fear

Its not arrogant.

The reason you need Sterling so badly is because hes English.

Youre allowed a maximum 17 foreign players in the premier league and champions league. That leaves you 17 players + Joe Hart.

Im sure if Sterling wasnt English you wouldnt be that bothered about getting him, but the fact is you need him, or your squad next year will be tiny. You wont progress at all.

You need 2 players covering each position for a strong squad over a season and if you dont buy English, and I mean quality English, not just someone who isnt going to play as why would that help you, you may as well stick a reserve player into your squad - youll be left with 11 players, 1 spare keeper, and 6 backup players to last you 60 games.

As a result you need to pay up the £50million for him.
More than hart cocker

This could harm those cunts in the long run with less young players wanting to join them.

I would have thought Dzeko would be ideal for them. They need a striker.
Too old and wages to big,and he was offered and liverpool said no according to some reports around the 1st bid timeframe as they liverpool want a cash deal.

It looks like Benteke or lacazette if L'equipe are a trusted source.

The loser in all of this is Sterling. Poor fucker only wants to better himself and is rightfully jumping at the chance to move to a club better positioned to win trophies. He must be watching this stand off between us and them and shitting himself at the prospect that we don't pay up and his current club are too hardfaced to take the fair price that's on offer.

Imagine having to play infront of that bunch of hateful bastards next season, fighting for a top 4 place in a team full of shite free transfers, if he's been robbed of a realistic chance of winning medals with us!

For all his money, and pro footballer status, people forget we're talking about a 20 year old lad. I don't care how rich and famous, or spoiled or even under privileged someone is, they're still just 20 with a head full of mixed up emotions and still prone to peer pressure on a massive scale. Nobody's going to enjoy their workplace if they think the manager's after them.

Its not arrogant.

Youre allowed a maximum 17 foreign players in the premier league and champions league. That leaves you 17 players + Joe Hart.

Im sure if Sterling wasnt English you wouldnt be that bothered about getting him, but the fact is you need him, or your squad next year will be tiny. You wont progress at all.

You need 2 players covering each position for a strong squad over a season and if you dont buy English, and I mean quality English, not just someone who isnt going to play as why would that help you, you may as well stick a reserve player into your squad - youll be left with 11 players, 1 spare keeper, and 6 backup players to last you 60 games.

First, the argument was "we need him more than you do", to which I say is bollocks. If we pull out you are left with a very good player who doesn't want to play and next season he will go for a pittence if he wants.

As for we need to pay £50m, again, arrogance, we will pay what we think he is worth, not what you think he is.

Yes , we want him, but you will not pull the wool over our eyes on his value

Signing him or not will not determine whether we we win trophys or not.

Its not arrogant.

Please do some more research before posting.
Being English doesn't come into play - it's being "Homegrown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.