Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absurd.

Liverpool want a cash deal and it was your club who offered those players according to reports.

Jovetic is injury prone and would be another Sturridge,and Dzecko won't fit the system as journalists close to the club have said the team is going back to 443 high pressing game,and players brought in this summer are for that system.

443???? I know Brenton considers himself an innovator but this might be a step too far

City don't NEED Sterling because he's homegrown. Admittedly he's obviously the preferred option and seemingly by some margin, but there are other options for obtaining homegrown. We could even promote someone from the academy for free if we truly had to. It's not about necessity, it's about desirability.

I can understand Liverpool holding out for as much as they can, that's business, but it shouldn't be under the misguided assumption that we have NO other options. It's far more a question of 'how much do City want him' vs 'how much do you want to keep him'.

Its not arrogant.

The reason you need Sterling so badly is because hes English.

Youre allowed a maximum 17 foreign players in the premier league and champions league. That leaves you 17 players + Joe Hart.

Im sure if Sterling wasnt English you wouldnt be that bothered about getting him, but the fact is you need him, or your squad next year will be tiny. You wont progress at all.

You need 2 players covering each position for a strong squad over a season and if you dont buy English, and I mean quality English, not just someone who isnt going to play as why would that help you, you may as well stick a reserve player into your squad - youll be left with 11 players, 1 spare keeper, and 6 backup players to last you 60 games.

As a result you need to pay up the £50million for him.
You seem to think there is only sterling though, for £20-25m you could get Walcott or £35-40m the ox. So we don't have to buy him at all. We could even sell cabellero buy/promote English keeper and buy gotze/Draxler with that money. So don't be so sure we wouldn't pull out and just take him next season for £2m

Absurd.

Liverpool want a cash deal and it was your club who offered those players according to reports.

Jovetic is injury prone and would be another Sturridge,and Dzecko won't fit the system as journalists close to the club have said the team is going back to 443 high pressing game,and players brought in this summer are for that system.

The famous 4-4-3 system

That really IS a high pressing game

I've just put 20 quid of Sterling turning out to be one of the names in Brendan's infamous envelopes.
I might go all in and claim the other two are his ex-wife and son.

Absurd.

443 wow!! you are indeed a footie God.

Absurd.

Are you allowed an extra player?

This is a seminal moment for Liverpool and their acolytes

No-one can ever pretend they are a big club now they are just a slight improvement on Southampton in that when any player gets to be any good they will be sold so watch out next year Coutinho will be next

I see some of the disciples are saying that Sterling has lost the PR war I couldnt disagree more. No matter how much shit has been spouted by Hammann, Carragher, Thompson, McAteer, Gerrard, Quinn, Beglin, Houghton, Aldridge et al it is still shit.

The majority of papers tow the Liverpool party line just because the force of the click is strong with the worshippers and anything that makes them feel good about their fallen idol but scratch behind the veneer and you can smell the fear
A big club doesn't promote playing a home game in yankee stadium and seeing the stadium 95% full of liverpool fans.

Liverpool are still a draw world wide even with a trophy drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.