Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humiliated how.

Sold an asset for a huge wad of cash and the biggest deal in world football for a player under 21 who we bought for 500K,fantastic business from FSG and everyone is saying that from other clubs fans to the media and the only ones who disagree are City fans obviously.

We are absolutely blessed with potentially fantastic young attacking talent in Ibe Wilson Canos Kent and Ojo who are all teenagers and are knocking on the door to the 1st team and will get a chance under Rodgers.

Most fans were angry & gutted when Alonso Suarez Torres left and when gerrard nearly left for chelsea twice, the consensus from liverpool fans on websites blogs reddit etc is it's not that much compared to there aforementioned players,seems to be from those fan based sources that we got a fantastic deal selling a player with potential and far from the finished product and we move on helped by a huge fee we got.
If they make it I'm sure we'll be watching closely

Shocking how Rooney and Shaw's add-ons aren't included...

Humiliated how.

Sold an asset for a huge wad of cash and the biggest deal in world football for a player under 21 who we bought for 500K,fantastic business from FSG and everyone is saying that from other clubs fans to the media and the only ones who disagree are City fans obviously.

We are absolutely blessed with potentially fantastic young attacking talent in Ibe Wilson Canos Kent and Ojo who are all teenagers and are knocking on the door to the 1st team and will get a chance under Rodgers.

Most fans were angry & gutted when Alonso Suarez Torres left and when gerrard nearly left for chelsea twice, the consensus from liverpool fans on websites blogs reddit etc is it's not that much compared to there aforementioned players,seems to be from those fan based sources that we got a fantastic deal selling a player with potential and far from the finished product and we move on helped by a huge fee we got.

Nice try mate. Try not to lose too much sleep over it tonight ay.

Humiliated how.

You thought that, when you sold Suarez. You don't seem to be moving on that much.
Anyway that's your worry. I think you'll see how good Sterling is, next season.

Humiliated how.

Does that include the £500k that Liverpool gave his agent?

Humiliated how.

But you didnt want to sell him? Thats why youve been humiliated. Yeah great youve got loads of up and coming potential, so have we. So has most clubs, potentially.

Hes already nearly the finished article at 20, has bags of potential and could possibly be the greatest english player in the last decade and possibly, POSSIBLY, the greatest english player ever. Everyone knows this. You do, I do and dont kid yourselves in thinking otherwise, we wouldnt be buying him for 49M and there wouldnt be such an upheaval on your end.

How is selling that calibre of player not humiliating to a club aspiring to be relevant and big again? Thats why.

What is all this about this about justifying the price tag, and taking a risk when spending 50m?

Our owner is rich as fuck. If he scores one goal that gets us 3 points and we win the league or even 2nd or 3rd ,with how the prize money is atm, he will have justified the price tag.

There is nothing risky about signing the most promising english player out there for what the club means is his future value when u have endless pockets. He will not be, and is certainly not meant to be, our savior. He will be part of a team with world class players, and will offer another dimension to complement the style of players like Silva, Aguero, Yaya and Bony. Not Lallana, Henderson, Lambert and Ings.

What I concider risky is something different than using your money to invest in a player that can give 10 years of valuable service.

Risk is selling your best player, and use the majority of the fee on Andy Carroll.

Risk is to 3 seasons later sell your new best player after he finally guided you to a top 4 finish almost on his own, and then replace him with Lambert and Balotelli

Risk is to have Reading reject Brendan Rodgers on the payroll, so he can make his teeth whiter.

You can laugh all you want about us paying 49m for a 35m player but in the end atleast our club isnt a fucking mess with no leng-term plans. Maybe if you stop finishing 6 places under us we will listen

Agree with all that mate! Good post!
+ I get to watch Raheem (+ hopefully more exiting young talent we'll acquire) rip all comers a new one in a brand new seat for £20 a game when the new season kicks off!!
How good is that?
I can't understand the negativity of some Blues regarding this capture, I really can't! ..if money's the problem well just chill out! It's not your fucking hard earned!
As an old timer (I guess I am now after over 40 years watching the lads) I can't get over how good this all is!!
What a time to be a Blue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.