Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
stony said:
Interesting from Paul Joyce. He reckons FSG will not sell unless it's for an astronomical figure of around £50M.
I say interesting because that is the exact amount one of our ITK's said we had bid for a player.
I wonder if the deal has already been done and we're just seeing both camps getting their digs in before he leaves.
Tolmie did say today that the aforementioned £50m bid was for Sterling, however, I imagine with such a public leak of his intentions that the club will be pulling the string back on that carrot a tad.

with not long left on his contract and stated desire to leave then it'll be 30m tops imo

Sterling would be an excellent addition from a homegrown aspect, but whilst we're over that neck of the woods the one we should be snapping up, is John Stones

daily mail
Raheem Sterling wants to be a winner and even some of his Liverpool team-mates have told him to leave to fulfil his potential

Raheem Sterling has told Liverpool he wants to leave the club

The England winger has stated his intentions to Brendan Rodgers in a private conversation

Liverpool remain hopeful they can change Sterling's mind
However, the 20-year-old wants to achieve success and look elsewhere for silverware

Some of his Liverpool team-mates have told him he should leave if he wants to fulfil his huge potential

Sterling is fed up of pundits saying Liverpool is the best place for him to progress his game

Hope we get him but if he does he won't be a big fish in a small pond anymore. He'll have Silva, Aguero and players of that ilk ahead of him so he better keep his mouth shut, his agent on a leash and work bloody hard.

wireblue said:
pudge said:
stony said:
Interesting from Paul Joyce. He reckons FSG will not sell unless it's for an astronomical figure of around £50M.
I say interesting because that is the exact amount one of our ITK's said we had bid for a player.
I wonder if the deal has already been done and we're just seeing both camps getting their digs in before he leaves.
Tolmie did say today that the aforementioned £50m bid was for Sterling, however, I imagine with such a public leak of his intentions that the club will be pulling the string back on that carrot a tad.

with not long left on his contract and stated desire to leave then it'll be 30m tops imo
Same but it might creep towards £35m.

If they want Jovetic I'd give them him plus £20m.

chesterbells said:
Sterling would be an excellent addition from a homegrown aspect, but whilst we're over that neck of the woods the one we should be snapping up, is John Stones

If we didn't have Denayer I would be all over Stones if I was City.

3m I think Everton purchased him for, absolute bargain.

pudge said:
stony said:

I sure hope so but then this is City we're talking about. Only we would pay £50 million for a player who is practically standing outside Anfield with his suitcase packed.

RandomJ said:
pudge said:
stony said:

I sure hope so but then this is City we're talking about. Only we would pay £50 million for a player who is practically standing outside Anfield with his suitcase packed.

Problem is he's only on £35K per week so not costing them the earth they can easily keep him, If city really do want him we will have to cough up 45m I reckon.

Carragher has unintentially ensured that Sterling is off IMO.

Liverpool are 1 or 2 seasons away from Aston Villa/ West Ham level mediocracy. Great historic clubs. Next season they will finish behind Spurs and Southhampton at least so 7th at most.

We should be ashamed to have made them look good when we've faced them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.