Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
All transfers involve a risk, in part because there is no way of calculating "value for money". I have no idea of knowing what exactly you should be entitled to from a £49 million footballer, but I'm certain that it's far too early to say if we'll be satisfied or not. I remember as far back as 1966 when City splashed out an astronomical £40-odd thousand on a 19 year old Colin Bell, who, according to Big Mal "can't head it, can't pass it, he's hopeless." Everyone thought City were mad, but it was soon clear that Bell had been worth every penny and the deal looked better and better with every passing season. To-day, I think the powers at City know exactly what they want from Sterling. They will not be beguiled by a a classy wiggle of the hips, they won't drool over acceleration which destroys or even go into raptures over a goal of staggering individual brilliance. What City want is that Sterling be one of an eleven, one of a squad which gets the club the PL title back and makes us a power to be reckoned with in Europe. Sterling is part of a reconstruction which may cost £150 million or anything up to £200 million and involve players such as Pogba, de Bruyne et al, but City won't consider one player in isolation. It is the plan which matters, the overall cost. Only as the seasons pass will players' individual contributions be put under the microscope.

Just had your typical scouser spitting he hopes Sterling spits his dummy out or breaks his leg.

My response was that Liverpool will either use the money on Benteke who has injury issues and his a Europa standard player or the other half of Southampton who they are now rivals for that Europa league spot.

Delude is not the word when it comes to the scousers following this transfer they are in deep denial about how significant this signing actually is.

Just remind them (as other have said) that the fee paid, when QPR's cut is taken off is approx £36mil... or in other words, about what they paid for Andy Carroll!

Yeh but id want to pay that kind of money after hes proved himself rather than before. If he was with us for another 3 years, became a great player , and then you bought him for £49million, that makes sense. That might even hurt. But not for where hes at in his development.

Sterling remember is 20. Hes great for his age. He isnt great full stop. Hes great for a youngster.

Quite often for example his final ball is really bad, his shooting is poor, and he dribbles into cul de sacs. On sky there was a dribbling completion rate and his was 44% whilst Silva, Nasri and Navas were in the 70% area. But thats fine because hes 20 and he cost nothing. Hes learning the game. Im not sure what the reaction to that type of stuff will be from the fans, press, media, opposition fans will be when you cost £49million.

We tolerate his weaknesses, but im not sure you will when you find out what they are, at that price. I dont think we would if we paid that price.

Do you mean in terms of having a rich owner? For sure.

So you are basically saying you are another "Feeder Club" like Arsenal?

They are all totally gutted and hurting like hell deep down because this transfer tells them everything they need to know about their club. It's like a really hot girl who you shouldn't have had a chance with, breaking up with you and you saying "ahhh she was a slut anyway, and dumb" Everyone knows you're fucking gutted and being a bitter ****. Much better to tell everyone what you manage to get her to do to you, knowing all along it wasn't going to last so you focused on the good times.

"We've mugged you off he had one good season"
"When, why?"
"2 seasons ago when Suarez and Sturidge made him look good"
"Will Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Aguero and maybe Pogba be able to make him look that good too?"
"naaaa, ahhh well he's just potential at the end of the day"
"20 years old, 95 Liverpool appearance and 16 England caps, potential?"
"yea he'll probably do his knee in or something"
"maybe....."
"Anyway we're happy with our £50 million, suckers
"Its £45million right now and QPR get 20% and you've technically already spend more than that much money"
"WE HAVENT FUCKING SPENT A PENNY OF IT YOU PRICK"
"Roberto Firmino £29,000,000
Joe Gomez £3,500,000
Ádám Bogdán Free
Danny Ings Tribunal
James Milner Free
Nathaniel Clyne £12,500,000

"Thats £45 million"

"Fuck off, we've got history"
"Have you got a future thought, isn't that more important? Looks to me like you're becoming a feeder club, Torres to Chelsea, Suarez to Barca, Sterling to City, Carroll to West Ham, ouch sorry, too far? . Your brief is to buy young (hopefully English) talent, pray it comes good and make money on the transfer. There is nothing wrong with that, when City were finishing mid table, we too would have to sell our best young players. £21 million for SWP was a fucking lot of money and it didn't work out, but young, English talent is costly"
" 5 times"
"lol, not worthy of my time anymore"

They are all totally gutted and hurting like hell deep down because this transfer tells them everything they need to know about their club. It's like a really hot girl who you shouldn't have had a chance with, breaking up with you and you saying "ahhh she was a slut anyway, and dumb" Everyone knows you're fucking gutted and being a bitter ****. Much better to tell everyone what you manage to get her to do to you, knowing all along it wasn't going to last so you focused on the good times.

"We've mugged you off he had one good season"
"When, why?"
"2 seasons ago when Suarez and Sturidge made him look good"
"Will Silva, Yaya, Nasri, Aguero and maybe Pogba be able to make him look that good too?"
"naaaa, ahhh well he's just potential at the end of the day"
"20 years old, 95 Liverpool appearance and 16 England caps, potential?"
"yea he'll probably do his knee in or something"
"maybe....."
"Anyway we're happy with our £50 million, suckers
"Its £45million right now and QPR get 20% and you've technically already spend more than that much money"
"WE HAVENT FUCKING SPENT A PENNY OF IT YOU PRICK"
"Roberto Firmino £29,000,000
Joe Gomez £3,500,000
Ádám Bogdán Free
Danny Ings Tribunal
James Milner Free
Nathaniel Clyne £12,500,000

"Thats £45 million"

"Fuck off, we've got history"
"Have you got a future thought, isn't that more important? Looks to me like you're becoming a feeder club, Torres to Chelsea, Suarez to Barca, Sterling to City, Carroll to West Ham, ouch sorry, too far? . Your brief is to buy young (hopefully English) talent, pray it comes good and make money on the transfer. There is nothing wrong with that, when City were finishing mid table, we too would have to sell our best young players. £21 million for SWP was a fucking lot of money and it didn't work out, but young, English talent is costly"
" 5 times"
"lol, not worthy of my time anymore"

'5 times'... really? Do those pricks not learn their lessons? I remember them telling the Rags to come back when they've won 18... that backfired didn't it!
History - the last line of argument for those with no future! They have to realise (like with Chelsea) our owner wants the CL trophy - we will win it, sooner or later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.