Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are some on here refusing to reflect without the blue tinted specs on. Sterling undoubtedly has potential but 49mil for a lad who has honestly only looked too top class for half a season?? He possesses many attributes we need but imo this will only be a good signing if we sign kdb and pogba alongside him. Sterling alone is not enough to strengthen us to the level we need to be at.

It's nice to finally get this over the line. And we didn't pay £50m, we paid £44m with add ons should he hit his targets. For such a young player it's a lot of cash but for City it's exactly what we need. Youth, pace, trickery and English. Looking forward to seeing him in the blue shirt.
I agree. We have been crying out for a player that can take someone on and cause havoc in an opposition defence. He definitely ticks that box, and I strongly believe that he is the type of player that will rise to the challenge of playing with better attacking players.

As for his form for Liverpool last season, even Blind Freddie could see that he had to carry their attack most of the season. This was because of the shite (sorry Mario I still love ya) that Rodgers purchased in their last off season. No wonder the poor kid wilted when so much was expected from him.

I am extremely confident that he will improve out of sight with us. He is going to be a very useful weapon in our European adventures.

I think there are some on here refusing to reflect without the blue tinted specs on. Sterling undoubtedly has potential but 49mil for a lad who has honestly only looked too top class for half a season?? He possesses many attributes we need but imo this will only be a good signing if we sign kdb and pogba alongside him. Sterling alone is not enough to strengthen us to the level we need to be at.

Don't you mean that some on here are refusing to be fucking miserable when they have every right to be happy & no reason whatsoever to be miserable ?

image.jpg
image.jpg
tea spurt! excellent

Only be good alongside KDB and Pogba? So we've spunked 49million up the wall if we don't get both of them? You might have a point given how crap our other players like Yaya, Silva, Nasri, and Kun are. Right?

He'll be an asset, he'll strengthen the team. It will be awesome.

Half a season? And the World Cup (brief as it was)? I don't know what more you expect a player of that age to do.

Here is my two cents on this transfer.

We are in desperate need of a HG players and we have just gone and got the best one, who is also only 20. Yes fucking 20 ! We have dreaded facing him and suddenly for people on here is an average joe with just a good half season ! He played 95 games for Liverpool and 16 for England at this age and its not because he is average. Secondly the fee is 44 rising to 49 (depending on trophies I have read) and not 49. I would have put down a fair price at around about 38 million rising to a bit more, but when you here Kane being valued at 40 million, Sterling should be 80. A lot of blues on here questioning the price need to realize if they would want a window like last year where we spend average amounts on average players or one where you want to spend 38 million on some one like Aguero.

He is the one transfer we HAD to make this window.

I will rest my case with the most frustrating clip of Sterling in the 2013/14 season for all those questioning his composure. People don't make Vinny look like that often.
Imagine this with Merlins passing and Aguero's finishing/runs.

13-04-2014-GifNumber-284.gif

Huge signing this. Forget the fee if Sterling reaches his full potential he will be a bargain, in every sense of the word.
We haven't just signed a player who will add something different to our team, we have had added the countries very best young talent, who at 20 has become England's go-to man.
From a business perspective as well he is a marketing dream in terms of being the face of English football for years to come.

We need to back this up with Pogba now!!

Just had your typical scouser spitting he hopes Sterling spits his dummy out or breaks his leg.

My response was that Liverpool will either use the money on Benteke who has injury issues and his a Europa standard player or the other half of Southampton who they are now rivals for that Europa league spot.

Delude is not the word when it comes to the scousers following this transfer they are in deep denial about how significant this signing actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.