Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half a season? And the World Cup (brief as it was)? I don't know what more you expect a player of that age to do.

Dont know what you saw him do at the world cup? As others have stated fabregas, fowler, owen and shrek were all arguably better at his age. Anyway we cut it 49mil for a lad who has a short time left on a contract is expensive and if any other club had paid it we would be scoffing at that fee.

I think there are some on here refusing to reflect without the blue tinted specs on. Sterling undoubtedly has potential but 49mil for a lad who has honestly only looked too top class for half a season?? He possesses many attributes we need but imo this will only be a good signing if we sign kdb and pogba alongside him. Sterling alone is not enough to strengthen us to the level we need to be at.
Don`t you think we are trying to address that ??

We would have won the league last year if the defence had been up to standard.

City scored ten more goals than anyone else.

It is the defence that needs improving with top signings, not the forward line.

Dont know what you saw him do at the world cup? As others have stated fabregas, fowler, owen and shrek were all arguably better at his age. Anyway we cut it 49mil for a lad who has a short time left on a contract is expensive and if any other club had paid it we would be scoffing at that fee.
I have to disagree on this pal...Fabregas, Fowler, Owen and Shrek all play in different positions to Raheem. So the figures are incomparable in terms of ability on the pitch for me I believe there is no better or brighter prospect in English football since Shrek of which them dirty bastards paid £27ish million for 11 years ago. I mean how much has that figure since been beaten time and time again. Fabregas great player great great player but played in a better side consistently than Sterling IMO (besides the year with SSS). Owen and Fowler were great players but out and out goal scorers therefore people will always say how well they did as they put the ball in the back of the net consistently. You're entitled to your opinion absolutely and yes £49 mill is a lot probably more than I expected but if I'm honest I'm just happy to get close to over the line on this one as I believe he is THE player to push us closer to that elusive Champions League.

I think Pellegrini's gung-ho tactics play a huge part in that too!

Speak for yourself. I tend not to get involved in scoffing over financial matters seeing that it's the football I'm actually interested in.

Completely agree I believe we missed our big time on Nathanial Clyne, quality English RB for only 12 million. What a bargain Liverpool got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.