Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have won the league last year if the defence had been up to standard.

City scored ten more goals than anyone else.

It is the defence that needs improving with top signings, not the forward line.
Defence is about collective work. We have the individuals, its the defensive SYSTEM that needs tweaking, not the players.

I think the idea that "we conceded therefore defenders" or "we don't score enough therefore attackers" is a pretty outdated way of looking at the game

Bugger me! Sly news poll...72% believe Liverpool have the better deal from the Sterling transfer....This before he's even kicked a ball in our shirt....The mind boggles!!!

Disagree, our problem last season stemmed from attack as we weren't clinical enough. What tended to happen was the longer we went without scoring the more frustration would set in leading to us becoming indisciplined which in turn resulted in conceding from needless counters.

I think it's a great signing. We have been lacking this type of pace for years. Navas is quick, but no so direct and not so much of a goal threat.
So personally I believe it to be a good deal, if a little expensive. But at £44 million, just £12 million more than Uniged paid for Depay, it's not as bad as some are making out. At least we know he can perform in our league.

My only concern, surely to God, we're not paying him the wages reported? If we are, then why? He should want to come for the £100k Liverpool offered him.
I'm a salesman, trader buying and selling. I think we've made a bit of a hash with the fee. Liverpool and Sterling had done our job for us.

If we've agreed a deal, Sterling has no choice but to join, why offer him such silly wages? Doesn't make sense.

Dont know what you saw him do at the world cup? As others have stated fabregas, fowler, owen and shrek were all arguably better at his age. Anyway we cut it 49mil for a lad who has a short time left on a contract is expensive and if any other club had paid it we would be scoffing at that fee.

That may well be true, but players mature at different ages. What actually became of Owen / Fowler / Fabregas in the end? none of them became megastars - only Rooney did (blue coloured specs off). If Sterling does 75% as well for us as Rooney did for that lot, we'll be laughing.
And of course he alone isn't going to be enough, but you can only build something brick by brick. He's clearly not our sole target. Regardless of who actually arrives, he's certainly not the only player in our plans.

How much was Di Maria? 60m? (not sure). He was allegedly proven quality, but it's not help United much. It's big money, it's big gambles and we're in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.