Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys worried about Sterlings wage at all? If the reported £200.000/week is correct, that would put him £15k ahead of Aguero and £55k ahead of Silva.

Is there a risk that this will trigger new wage demands among the current players?

You guys are really defensive. It was a question about youth development at your club and Pellegrini, and some of you have reacted like its the most insane question youve ever heard.

If your saying City doesnt have that problem, at all, definitely not, then I think youre turning a blind eye to it.

Heres another way of looking at it. At ages 20-23 , still immature , he would probably be better off under Rodgers and Wenger. When hes developed as a player, thats the time to be playing at City.

David Silva aged 20 moving to City would not have been as right as Silva aged 24 moving City.

you could also look at it from the point of view that he will develop quicker playing with the likes of silva, yaya, and aguero compared to the likes of henderson, joe allen etc....it is a fact that milner became a much better player with us than when we first bought him and the likes of richards, hart have all developed into top class talent while at city...you could even include garath barry in that group who became a better player (though already a good one) under mancini....and lescott who again while he was a good player at everton certainly improved playing alongside Kompany

this crap that english players won't get the chance at city is rubbish.......plus more english players have picked up medals at city in the last 5 years than at any other perm league team

Rodwell failed cause of his injuries - nothing more

Scott Sinclair simply wasn't good enough

You guys are really defensive. It was a question about youth development at your club and Pellegrini, and some of you have reacted like its the most insane question youve ever heard.

If your saying City doesnt have that problem, at all, definitely not, then I think youre turning a blind eye to it.

Heres another way of looking at it. At ages 20-23 , still immature , he would probably be better off under Rodgers and Wenger. When hes developed as a player, thats the time to be playing at City.

David Silva aged 20 moving to City would not have been as right as Silva aged 24 moving City.
Bollocks.
Isco Malaga?
Rossi Villareal?
Pelligrini is equally capable with young emerging stars as those two. Probably more so than Bodgers.

Hell start nearly all games up top, theres the perfect spot for him, with world class players around him and the best facilities in the world. How is he moving at 20 a bad idea..

Go back to RAWK, theyll believe all your delusions there.

In my view the price we paid for Sterling is almost the fair price. Its not like we overpaid liverpool for him as the media is suggesting. Here is why as per my view:

1) As we all know sterling is one of the best youngster in the world right now, so his base price must be around £25m

2) QPRs share from the transfer fee will be around £9-11m

3) As he is English we had to a little bit more. may be about £10m

Sum total: £25m+£11m+£10m = £46m

We paid £44m + £5m(add ons). So it is fair price in the current market, comparing to what the rags paid for Rooney and Ferdinand (they were both young and top English talents at that time).

We are developing our youth quite nicely thanks- as will be proved with Sterling this season-Sterling is one of those rare players that is good enough now to step up a level at the age he is, your club saw his potential whilst he was at QPR, City see also see it how he has played at Liverpool.

City will include EDS players in the first team squad this season in Denayer and Iheanacho, the conveyer belt is running just fine fella so dont you worry about MCFC.

You can't completely ignore the price, because at some point there's a price that doesn't make sense to pay. Everybody has a different view on that price, but you can't ignore it.
We couldn't pay 7 trillion, and we are still subject to FFP like everybody else, so whilst we now have a lot more money to spend than we used to, it's not unlimited.
If we didn't care about money and it didn't matter, we'd pay 100m for Pogba and 500m for Messi if we could. But we can't. The cost does matter, but thankfully we aren't as crippled as we used to be. We can now shop with the big boys.

I have to say this obsession with price drives me mad too.

I am a football fan, what matters is what happens on the pitch not how many beans are being counted.

I blame the sports media for driving the money angle constantly which causes us to lose sight of what's important when it comes to the game.

Of course it wouldn't. Because players peak and mature at vastly different rates.

You don't measure every player by their age because their ability, aptitude and capability to make it at a particular level or club will always vary significantly.

Sterling has served his apprenticeship at Liverpool, and now he's making a step up to play under greater pressure, under more scrutiny, among some of the best players in Europe competing for honours at the top of the domestic game and in Europe.

He's shown ambition. Time will tell if he develops into the player he truly has the potential of becoming, and if he does, £49m will be small change.

oh and here is something to think about for any lurking liverpool fans...that 5 mill in add ons will be worth a lot less in a couple of years time than it is now.....every year transfer prices for players go up so even next summers transfer window that 5m is going to get you less than now.......!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.