Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he ends up not coming to us, he really needs to get out of Liverpool before they run him in to the ground. Look at Fowler, Owen, Torres just to name a few who have been subject to the Liverpool treatment.

blueinsa said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
August 2004, a certain young Shrek put in a transfer request and turned down a new Everton deal.

Rags signed him for £26m and they were not convinced at all if you remember, the ogre was just 18 years young at the time.

You have to overpay for the very best English talent and if Sterling blossoms as much as Shrek did at the Rags nobody will remember the fee in 10 years.

Agree that the fee is irrelevant.

I don’t think the fee is irrelevant (or his wages)!

We still need to be careful of FFP and make sure we have enough in the tank in case we have a chance at the really big players available this summer. I guess Bale is most likely to join the rags (with DDG going the other way) but I’d want to be in there bidding as he is top draw. I’d want to be bidding £80m even if it’s for no other reason than to ensure our competitors have to pay £80m – same with Pogba we should be at the table. I’d much rather pay £60m for Pogba and promote Lopes than Pay £60m for Sterling and Barkley.

Gaudion M said:
blueinsa said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
August 2004, a certain young Shrek put in a transfer request and turned down a new Everton deal.

Rags signed him for £26m and they were not convinced at all if you remember, the ogre was just 18 years young at the time.

You have to overpay for the very best English talent and if Sterling blossoms as much as Shrek did at the Rags nobody will remember the fee in 10 years.

We still need to be careful of FFP and make sure we have enough in the tank in case we have a chance at the really big players available this summer. I guess Bale is most likely to join the rags (with DDG going the other way) but I’d want to be in there bidding as he is top draw. I’d want to be bidding £80m even if it’s for no other reason than to ensure our competitors have to pay £80m – same with Pogba we should be at the table. I’d much rather pay £60m for Pogba and promote Lopes than Pay £60m for Sterling and Barkley.

It will be irrelevant in that we will know our budget and we will know how much our targets are going to cost.

M147WN said:
Sterling-Silva!

That looks tasty, doesn't it? I think we need Pogba and Sterling, myself. Minimum. And probably a third man, for the back. Sterling is perfect for this team. I think it's actually quite a good thing if he's looked a bit ordinary in these last couple of matches. It might bring his price down from the probably absurd amount that they're going to ask (although I doubt it, being realistic) He was all over Chelsea, he was Liverpool's one really class player. If he'd had someone to put the ball to like Suarez, or the Sturridge of last season, they could well have won that match.

Gaudion M said:
blueinsa said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

We still need to be careful of FFP

FFPR RIP

I've said it numerous times, I think Sterling would be brilliant for us!
He isn't the finished article by any means and he will frustrate at times but we are crying out for real genuine pace in the final third!!
Milner is the only player we have who is willing to make a run beyond our striker and he doesn't even have the pace to do it properly.

Sterling would add another dimension to our play, look how many times we have the situation of Silva or Yaya looking up and there only option is a heavily marked Aguero!

Really hope we get the lad signed up.

A few comments from rawk,on how much they reckon he's worth.....

"if he goes to Man City then we want £100m,Pellegrini has already stated how much Sterling would cost "

"Edin Dzeko + 25 mil would be a nice deal for me"

"Just tell his Agent we want £60m or he stays "

"the club needs to stand firm on any offer and reject anything below 50 million, if no one comes in then stick him in the reserves until he comes out and apologises to the fans"

"Wouldn't mind trying to get a deal from Man city though: jovetic, dzeko + 20 million please"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.