Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people forget this guy is only 20 years old?

£35-£40million is a bargain for him, especially in a world where Luke Shaw costs £30million and Andy Carroll £35million.

Sterling will just get better and better, his dribbling ability could be amazing in a few years, very good in tight spaces already.

He's 20 years old. I'll repeat for emphasis - 20 years old. Of course he's not yet ready to single handedly win us the champions league. But he will develop into a phenomenal player for us.

Hazard and Sanchez are not English or homegrown. Everyone needs quality homegrown players to maximise the strength of their squad, due to the foreign player restrictions. But there isn't exactly an abundance of homegrown players that are good enough for a side that wants to compete on 4 fronts. Demand is high, supply is low. I'll leave you to do the GCSE Economics!

Do people forget this guy is only 20 years old?

£35-£40million is a bargain for him, especially in a world where Luke Shaw costs £30million and Andy Carroll £35million.

Sterling will just get better and better, his dribbling ability could be amazing in a few years, very good in tight spaces already.
Lads, you're banging your heads against a brick wall. It seems some of the posters can't let the small club mentality go.
I hate to reference the team from just outside Manchester, but do you think they were counting the pennies when they were hoovering up the talent from not only England but Europe and the world. 30 mill each for Rooney and Ferdinand were collosall amounts back then but they paid it and that didn't work out too badly did it.
Any successful football team is only as good as the talent it possesses. Talent costs money. We can't on the one hand aspire to be one of the best teams in Europe and on the other be shrinking violets when it comes to dealing in the market. Buying the best talent regardless of cost brings success on the pitch which raises the profile of the club which increases revenue which allows you to carry on buying the best talent. It's actually a good thing for a club to inflate the market if it feels it can continue to deal at the top of the market. Why do you think we were targetted with FFP. It was precisely to stop us getting on the escalator to success. To reference United again, the reason they have suffered a decline is not because Ferguson left, although that didn't help, but because they stopped spending on their squad when the Glazers started leaching money out of the club.

Lads, you're banging your heads against a brick wall. It seems some of the posters can't let the small club mentality go.
I hate to reference the team from just outside Manchester, but do you think they were counting the pennies when they were hoovering up the talent from not only England but Europe and the world. 30 mill each for Rooney and Ferdinand were collosall amounts back then but they paid it and that didn't work out too badly did it.
Any successful football team is only as good as the talent it possesses. Talent costs money. We can't on the one hand aspire to be one of the best teams in Europe and on the other be shrinking violets when it comes to dealing in the market. Buying the best talent regardless of cost brings success on the pitch which raises the profile of the club which increases revenue which allows you to carry on buying the best talent. It's actually a good thing for a club to inflate the market if it feels it can continue to deal at the top of the market. Why do you think we were targetted with FFP. It was precisely to stop us getting on the escalator to success. To reference United again, the reason they have suffered a decline is not because Ferguson left, although that didn't help, but because they stopped spending on their squad when the Glazers started leaching money out of the club.
Bingo! What is the point in being loaded if you don't use it to buy the best players? We've got too many accountants as fans & some can't get over not being little City, patted on the head as the bigger clubs head down the motorway with 3points . Those days are over, we're hated, get used to it.

The difference now is that their players actually want to come to City now for reasons other than money

Which wasn't necessarily the case when we were first took over

Player power is everything in transfer deals

see i always argue this point. yes we had to pay the going rate and maybe a little more to show our intent, a few grand a week meant nothing to them, why would it. its not like double what barca may have paid. those players would have commanded high wages anywhere. i think they fancied doing something, making a difference. look at aguero, he could have gone anywere, and i mean anywhere, he bought in to city and created the biggest moment in uk football ever. nowadays we are a player, a big player at that, and you know what, we'll still give them an extra 20k a week. just cos we can.

did anyone see this.

"Sell Sterling for 50m, bring in Draxler for half that figure, spend the rest on a striker and we should still have money left."

now am i being wooden or having spent half on the draxler AND THE REST on a world class striker they would indeed have no money left.

did anyone see this.

"Sell Sterling for 50m, bring in Draxler for half that figure, spend the rest on a striker and we should still have money left."

now am i being wooden or having spent half on the draxler AND THE REST on a world class striker they would indeed have no money left.
Lol. Your analytical powers never fail to amaze me. You've got to make allowances for the deluded thick cunts.

Bingo! What is the point in being loaded if you don't use it to buy the best players? We've got too many accountants as fans & some can't get over not being little City, patted on the head as the bigger clubs head down the motorway with 3points . Those days are over, we're hated, get used to it.

It's not our money, can't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.