Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien10 said:
He's certainly a better option then Gareth Bale in my opinion.

He is nowhere near Bale yet but I think long term he will be seen as the better option.

Sterling needs to bring consistency to his end product and desperately needs to learn how to finish.

7 goals and 8 assists is still not bad for a 20 year old with inconstant end product and poor finishing though, he needs to be looking at doubling those stats in the next two-three years if he is to fulfil his potential however.

Bayern Munich trying to sign him according to Di Marzio. But unlike most foreign players if we rivaled them I think we'd have a good chance of signing him as English players like to stay at home.

LoveCity said:
Bayern Munich trying to sign him according to Di Marzio. But unlike most foreign players if we rivaled them I think we'd have a good chance of signing him as English players like to stay at home.
Maybe, but it would be hard to turn down Pep and Bayern.

Sterling could be a long term replacement for Ribery and Pep will have seen how versatile he is being able to play on the wing, behind the striker, as a striker/ false 9 and in recent weeks a wing back, Pep likes those intelligent players.

I would like him at City but I would like to see more English players go abroad as I think it will better the players education for a better national team.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
Maybe, but it would be hard to turn down Pep and Bayern.

Sterling could be a long term replacement for Ribery and Pep will have seen how versatile he is being able to play on the wing, behind the striker, as a striker/ false 9 and in recent weeks a wing back, Pep likes those intelligent players.

I would like him at City but I would like to see more English players go abroad as I think it will better the players education for a better national team.
I don't think it would be too hard. He'd probably like to stay close to home plus his wages in pounds would be higher than euros. I also don't think Bayern or Bundesliga has the same appeal as the La Liga big two for English players.

The question is are we buying him as a striker or as a winger? number one. Number two what do we really need in the team at this moment - wingers or out-to-out strikers?
If this boys finishing is not the best we have others who can turn in the chances he creates; He's a bloody winger not a striker you know.
You know that our most creative players are hole players and so we are usually too narrow and so having a Sterling and a Bale on both wings isn't a bad proposition to breaking down stubborn packed buses imho.
De Bruyne is a fantastic player alright but I hope he'd adjust very well in the EPL (he's been here before though not as a starter). Also remember that he's number 10 over there I don't know whether he'd have the pace and physicality that the EPL demands. He would probably do very well in the EPL but anywhere you look theres an element of uncertainty
So i'd have Sterling for 50 million pounds next summer

The question is are we buying him as a striker or as a winger? number one. Number two what do we really need in the team at this moment - wingers or out-to-out strikers?
If this boys finishing is not the best we have others who can turn in the chances he creates
He's a bloody winger not a striker you know
You know that our most creative players are hole players and so we are usually too narrow and do having a Sterling and a Bale on both wings isn't a bad proposition imo
De Bruyne is a fantastic player alright but I hope he'd adjust very well in the EPL. Also remember that he's number 10 over there I don't know whether he'd have the pace and physicality that the EPL demands. He would probably do very well in the EPL but anywhere you look theres an element of uncertainty
So i'd have Sterling for 50 million pounds nex summer

If this boys finishing is not the best we have others who can turn in the chances he creates
He's a bloody winger not a striker you know
You know that our most creative players are hole players and so we are usually too narrow and do having a Sterling and a Bale on both wings isn't a bad proposition imo
De Bruyne is a fantastic player alright but I hope he'd adjust very well in the EPL. Also remember that he's number 10 over there I don't know whether he'd have the pace and physicality that the EPL demands. He would probably do very well in the EPL but anywhere you look theres an element of uncertainty
So i'd have Sterling for 50 million pounds nex summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.