Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit interesting that especially last season Pool used counter attacking a lot, way more than we ever do. In counter attacks you can use your pace and Sterling has a lot.

In our usual style tho, with 60% possession, short passing, somewhat slower build ups usually against teams that pack defence Sterling would nowhere near have the area to use his great skills.

I mean Navas would look lot better than he looks here if that team would be built on counter attacking. Lavezzi is the best example, looked very good in Napoli in counter attacking 352 then in a different set up, stronger team, different formation he isnt that valuable.

But Sterling is very young he still can adapt, certainly will improve too, especially his shooting imo has to be better.

Out of the few rumours about young home grown players he is the only exciting to me. And Bale of course but he is already a proven top class player.

Damanino said:
Bit interesting that especially last season Pool used counter attacking a lot, way more than we ever do. In counter attacks you can use your pace and Sterling has a lot.

In our usual style tho, with 60% possession, short passing, somewhat slower build ups usually against teams that pack defence Sterling would nowhere near have the area to use his great skills.

I mean Navas would look lot better than he looks here if that team would be built on counter attacking. Lavezzi is the best example, looked very good in Napoli in counter attacking 352 then in a different set up, stronger team, different formation he isnt that valuable.

But Sterling is very young he still can adapt, certainly will improve too, especially his shooting imo has to be better.

Out of the few rumours about young home grown players he is the only exciting to me. And Bale of course but he is already a proven top class player.

For me, Sterling has the ability to make a difference. He runs at players for fun, and is a very technically gifted player. I think particularly with our style we need a player like Sterling who has that ability to beat 1 or 2 players and open up space

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
sam-caddick said:
I hate it when people call him overrated, you can blame the English media for that clinging onto him as if he is some sort of saviour to the national team.

He is 20, European golden boy award winner, scoring 10-15 goals a season and assisting nearly the same, yes he gives the ball away and sometimes his runs don't always come off, but this lad is one of the best young attacking players in the game.

If he was South American or doing what he is doing in Italy or Spain we would be screaming to sign him.

The price tag is what makes everyone get uptight, but that's the price us English have to pay for our own players unfortunately.

It isn't as easy as you say , although truth in it none the less

However, players are now vetted from top to bottom, especially these kids..... Potentially sterling is a world beater, he's also potentially another mario, in fact, you can replace mario with sterling up top at the same age... If he learns to embrace the game rather than the dollar then I'm in, but don't be too sure.::. This kid will put his dick anywhere, hence he has 14 kids at twenty!!!!

He is one of the few English players worth considering but any player we sign has to have the right mentality: it's what separates the champions from the also-rans.

Mario is a sad case football wise: huge talent wasting away. He should never left City and of course wants nothing more than to come back to the Etihad.

Damanino said:

our style of play has a lot to do with the players we have, its one of the reasons why we have looked a lot like mancini's last season this season despite the fact that pellegrini and Mancini have very different styles of play.

If Yaya and nasri are moved on and their replacements are not similar I can see us having a different build up play.

sam-caddick said:
Raheem Sterling's Liverpool contract talks take dramatic twist as it emerges forward is prepared to turn down £180,000-a-week deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-forward-prepared-turn-180-000-week-deal.html
I don't know whether to be alarmed or happy to hear that. One interpretation is that he wants to leave and offering silly wages won't help (and he realizes he will get a better deal at his new club if his transfer fee is less due to less years remaining on his contract).

The cynical one will be that he thinks he has done the hard work and made it as a footballer, and he deserves a 200k+ deal.

If its the former I would want to avoid him.

I also think giving him a mega contract will be a bad idea, he is 21 and 100-120k should be the limit

We have a wage structure so I doubt we would be prepared to pay what Sterling is apparently demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.