Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing. You have to pay the "market rate". I am totally confident that we are playing this cleverly and will get a price we accept. I'd say we've done the deal with the player first, got his emotional "buy in" and blasted in with public offers early to ensure that this isn't a dutch auction - where the price can spiral.

Someone say Cleverley? Now there's a player.

It's really bugging me hearing loads of blues going "he isn't worth X, we should walk away" etc. You have no concept of the money or the difference between £35 and £40m. You're looking at it like a number on Top Trumps, or a stick to potentially be neaten with by rival fans and the media.

If he is the right player for the team, and I think he is, then the money shouldn't worry you as a fan. There's a gamble with every transfer but we need to sit back and trust Soriano, Khaldoon etc to do the sums and the negotiation. The figures in the press are unlikely to be accurate anyway, bearing in mind that one of the carrots City offer selling clubs is cash up front.
Exactly. I don't understand the trainee accountants and Economics 101 students on this forum, who behave as if the money is coming out of their own pockets.

We as fans have no idea of the budget that City has, or the level of negotiations, or the price tag placed on any particular player.

We have been crying out for a player like Sterling for the last few seasons. Forget about what rival fans may think, or the distortions presented by the media. If Sterling and the others we buy will enable us to overtake Chelsea then that is what it is all about. If we win the league next season I don't think any of our fans will be sitting at the pub moaning about what we paid for Sterling. They will be celebrating like the rest of us.

It's really bugging me hearing loads of blues going "he isn't worth X, we should walk away" etc. You have no concept of the money or the difference between £35 and £40m. You're looking at it like a number on Top Trumps, or a stick to potentially be neaten with by rival fans and the media.

If he is the right player for the team, and I think he is, then the money shouldn't worry you as a fan. There's a gamble with every transfer but we need to sit back and trust Soriano, Khaldoon etc to do the sums and the negotiation. The figures in the press are unlikely to be accurate anyway, bearing in mind that one of the carrots City offer selling clubs is cash up front.

Spot on. The whining on here is painful. He's not worth this, he's not worth that. The rags spunked a lot more on a older player who went missing in action. If you want to compete with the big 3 you have to be prepared to take a gamble, as they do.

Jesus Christ of course he's fuckin worth it,have some people not seen the price of English talent and he's the best one out there and only 20.Who In the right fuckin mind thinks he's only worth £25 million !

I’d leave the sterling transfer for now. Let them sweat on the mess for the next month. If nothing happens this summer i’d happily take him for £25m next summer.

It’s not worth the money of the media fall out going beyond c£45m.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey (is that wrong?)
Yeah wait and battle with 10 more buyers next year,jees.

The problem is, if we did leave it till next year or the year after when he would cost half the amount or walk on a free respectively,there would be a he'll of a lot more clubs with serious interest in him.

We'd have to be sure in that situation that he wouldn't choose a chelsea/arsenal/real/bayern etc over us if we did choose that path. Probably best to just up our bid by £5 or £10 mill now if we want him, if that increase would have little to no implications on other targets of course.

The thing with Raheem is like Tranny and Bale before him, I can see him having a breakout season in the next few years where all of the sudden he will score 20+ goals.

We pay whatever it takes. Fuck the media and the whiners. We need him.

I think that Liverpool are very brave or just stupid holding out for £50 mil. If we walk away from this deal & Sterling stays for another year his value will be around £20mil with one year left on his contract. Or Sterling sits it out for two years & walks away on a free.

Liverpool are bound to be influenced by how turning down Arsenal's £40m +£1 offer for Suarez turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.